Chapter Twenty Seven

Recap:

( so yah I didn't really want to go through the Vegas race, etc. This next chapter takes place two months after the incident. I wanna try to catch up to the season in real life. So the winner of the Vegas race is Keselowski. Basically the same as the real series. The rest as well the same as the real series. Destiny did not do well the last couple races since her mind has been focused on Chase and Chris. Both boys have been recovering. Chris is almost back to normal. Chase has been getting his memory back slowly. His skull was cracked on impact when he ran into the Camaro. So he has had head trama. Dino Martinez will be out for the rest of the season because of how badly his head was beaten in. His brain had swollen and he has been in the hospital since they found him laying on the ground at the track. A court case has been opened on the subject. Destiny has been charged of near murder. During the case she brought up how Dino had used her brother to almost kill her. The video shows the proof but the judge and justice society do nothing about it. Rick Hendrick is considering suspending her from the team until further notice but with her running 5th in the points he does not. The others have not been caught up in the mess yet. But investigation has continued. As for the Circuit the feuds Have fired up. Marcos Ambrose and Casey Mears have been fined for fist fighting. Kyle Busch and Kevin Harvick have been fighting since Richmond. Well I hope u enjoy this. Thanks everyone for the support!)

** Two months later**

" so how's Chase?"

Kyle Larson asks as Destiny and himself head for the garages at Talladega. The last few races had been terrible for Destiny. With five laps to go last weekend she had been caught up in a wreck with Landon Cassill and Ryan Newman. The race before that was even worse. Five laps in, the car snapped loose and it met the outter wall ruining her chances at a win. Destiny looks at Kyle.

" His memory is coming back. Slowly but it's coming back. He started talking about winning races that he won way back when. So he's been doing well."

Destiny sighs then looks down. Kyle looks at her.

" You know it was not your fault."

Larson says. He then puts his arm around Destiny's shoulders and hugs her trying to make her feel a little better.

" It was my fault. This whole Dino shit. Was my fault. And I dragged both of them, Chase and Chris into it. At least Chris only had a broken arm and a few bruised ribs."

Kyle let's go of Destiny then looks forward. The garages straight ahead of both of them.

" At least it gave Dylan a chance to have a sense of the big series."

Kyle says. Destiny nods seeing Dylan's girl friend Karlee walking towards the garage where the #79 Furniture Row car is. And where her boyfriend is.

" Huh, I have not seen her around lately."

Destiny says as both Kyle and her walk by a crew member from Denny Hamlin's team. He's pushing a rack of tires towards the tire machines.

" She's been off at school. I mean maybe you just haven't run into her that much. She's always around."

Larson says. Destiny nods.

" well Dylan does run nationwide so that would make sense."

Destiny says. Kyle nods as they stop in front of his garage stall. His #42 red and white Target Chevy sits untouched in the stall. Two yellow stripes go across the bumper indicating that he's a rookie at this track.

" Hay good luck in qualifying Des. I know you will do well."

Larson says then he turns and runs to his car. Destiny smiles lightly then walks over to her garage stall. Case is talking to Chad Knaus about drafting partners and such. Destiny walks in as her crew finishes up the car. One guy is putting one last wax coat on it to make sure it shines.