Chapter Forty Two

The plane had scattered pieces every where from impact. And if that wasn't bad enough the rest of the jet fuel had caught fire while the boys were still in it. Both pilots were missing. Jamie was thrown from the plane after impact and had landed 500 feet away from it. His head had hit the ground hard knocking him out. Kyle was crushed by pieces of the plane. The wing had snapped and a fragment had forced it's way into Kyle's chest. Kyle dealt with the pain for about an hour then had blacked out because of it.

****** Two Hours After Impact******

" Kyle! Where are you?!"

Kyle hears followed by coughing. He opens his eyes weakly. Smoke covers the sky letting ash cover his face and arms. His sight is blurry.

" Jamie?" Kyle croaks out of his dry throat.

His skin burnt in many different places from the jet fuel that caught fire. His clothes torn in many areas. And impaled in his chest is a piece of the wing.

Jamie hears kyles attempt and then jumps over the nose of the plane that is halfway into a lake.

" My lord.." Jamie says as he sees Kyle laying there with a shard of the wing sticking out from his chest.

Kyle coughs and looks up.

" What?" He asks then tries to move.

" Kyle don't! Stay still. Your body is in shock so you won't be able to feel the pain." Jamie says.

He is now kneeling beside Kyle examining the shard.

" Your injured badly. Stay still." Jamie says.

Kyle takes a deep breath and tries to relax. His lungs though struggle because of his condition.

" where are we Jamie?" Kyle asks.

Jamie sighs.

" No idea. Where's your phone?" Jamie asks.

Kyle coughs up a little blood. His eyes growing duller by the minute.

" Hang in there kyle. I'm going to get you out of here." Jamie says.

He pulls his phone out of his pocket and tries to get it to work. The screen though is shattered from the impact. Jamie winces from his injuries but he knows that Kyle is in worse of a situation then he is. He dials 911 and hears the phone dial.

" 911 what is your emergency?"

The phone operator says. Jamie sighs with relief.

" My budy and I were in a horrific plane crash. He's worse then I am. Part of the wing has punctured it's way into his chest. I have no clue if it has penetrated his heart though. I have him laying flat on the ground to save energy. I have no clue where we are but if I got through to you just tell your boys to look for a lot of smoke and fire." Jamie says.

Then He coughs because of the smoke.

" Sir stay on the line with me please. They are on their way to your location. We are tracking your cell." The lady says.

Jamie kneels beside Kyle helplessly as he waits for the EMTs to come.

Chase gets out of his race car and sets the helmet on the roof of the car. Today the boys are timing runs and pit strategies on juniors test track. Chase looks over at the wall where Destiny is sitting holding her helmet. Kasey was talking to her as well.

" Guys!"

All three hear from the other side of pit road. Destiny and Kasey look down towards the noise. Chase does as well. Chase can see dale walking with a girl who's in a black fire suit. Her hair is red, and Her eyes, hazel.