Chapter Ten

" Ok Destiny come into the pits next time around."

Joey says over the radio. Destiny has been going back and forth with Dale for about ten laps trying to pass him. Jimmie tucked in behind jr. They come through the tri-oval two wide. Dale on the inside with Jimmie behind him. Destiny stays beside Dale as they pass the line. Both cross the line at the same time. Destiny pulls her car closer to dales as they enter the turn. She side drafts off of him and her car speeds to the low side cutting the track in half. She gains on Dale as they go through the turn. Dale is up high as Jimmie tries to give him a boost to keep up with Destiny.

    " she just passed your ass."

Dales crew chief says out of amazement.

    " How did she do that?"

Dale says back as he hits the clutch and shifts gears speeding up again. Destiny pulls ahead as they exit the turn. She pulls in front of Jr. and stays in line as they blow by Kyle Larson who is in the low lane. All three Hendrick cars storm down the back straightaway. Dale tucked in behind Destiny and Jimmie behind Dale. They head towards turn three passing Brad Keselowski and Joey Logano. The Penske cars stay in the low lane as Destiny and the boys stay high into turn three.

    "Destiny this time."

Case says sounding alittle frustrated. She's been telling him one more lap for the past ten minutes.

   " Case Iv finally got this team drafting down. I will come in when I run her dry."

She says back. Case slams his clipboard down and stands up. Dale speeds up as they come through turn four. Destiny sees the National Guard Chevy SS pull up onto her bumper. Dale slightly taps her bumper giving her a warning that he's there. Destiny pulls down low and Dale pulls up beside her. Johnson pulls up behind Destiny and drafts with her as they head towards the tri-oval once again. She sees the black Chevy SS Furniture Row number 79 up ahead and Destiny grins. She shifts gears and pushes the gas pedal down fully. Her car pulls away from Johnson's and challenges dales once again. They flash by the line and Destiny has her cars nose out front past Jr. Chase's 79 goes low into turn one as Destiny picks up speed to catch up to him. As Chase comes out of turn two he notices a red car behind him. She hits his bumper lightly then pulls down low and pulls up beside him. They drag race down the back stretch. As turn three comes into view Chase pulls ahead and pulls in front of Destiny. A pack of ten cars ahead of them just enter turn three. The Penske boys lead the pack followed by Kasey Kahne, Jeff Gordon, Kevin harvick, Jeff Burton, Danica, Tony, Newman, and Marcos Ambrose. They run three wide making it very nerve wrecking to watch. Chase and Destiny come out of turn four and the pack breaks apart as Newman dumps his boss. Tony Stewarts number 14 Chevy cuts across the pack T-boning Kurt Busch. Kurt's car comes back up the track slamming into the wall. Tonys car is tail happy down low as he tries to steady it. The caution lights flash as Chase slows. Destiny pulls up beside him and they drive side by side through the mess.

     " Destiny Elliott get that damn car into the pits now!"

Rick Hendrick says through the radio. Destiny's stomach sinks and she can feel the butterflies in it.

    " Alright alright! You didn't have to call the damn boss on me Case!"

She says into the radio as the cars all enter pit road. As her teammates stop awaiting for the track to be safe she pulls into the garage area and pulls into her stall. As she climbs out of her car she pulls her helmet off angerly.

    " what the fuck Case!"

She says as she walks over to him. Case is talking to a black haired boy who's in a black fire suit with the sponsor "X-Games" on it.