Chapter Twenty Three

Destiny looks out the small window of Chases private jet. Chase is talking to Kyle Larson about the English essay that's due Monday.

" If you don't have it all done then Mrs. Dascund will murder you you know Chase."

Kyle makes a point. Chase sighs.

" But Iv been so busy with racing I didn't have time-"

Chase gets cut off by the jet violently shaking. Destiny looks over at Chase. The jet shakes again this time powerful enough to sent Larson to the ground off the sofa chair.

" Dude Kyle are you ok?"

Chase gets up from his seat and kneels down beside Kyle. He had shifted most of his weight to his right arm by the time Chase had gotten to him.

" I'm fine. Just landed on my wrist hard is all."

Kyle says as he pushes away chases concerned look. Chase pulls Kyle up and sits him down.

" Just relax it for now."

Chase says. Kyle nods.

It's Sunday night which means all the drivers are on their way home. The Hendrick boys were already ahead of schedule. The trucks were already on the road. And the next cars to be raced were already loaded up on the second haulers.

Destiny pulls out her blue iPhone C and goes on twitter. She scrolls through reading some of her fans tweets. Then she went to the drivers tweets. One stopped her eyes from scanning. The name... @KaseyKahne.

"Going back to Nc. Then to the hospital to FINALLY see my mother again."

Destiny sighs remembering how upset Kasey was when his mother had first went into the coma. Her chocolate brown eyes shifted from her phone to her brother and Kyle. Kyle still holding his wrist. His eyes show the pain that he's holding back. Chase was on his black iPhone S typing something.

Probably his homework, Destiny thinks to her self.

Then she shifts her eyes back to her cell. She re-puts in the password "4899" then she goes into texts and clicks on Kasey's name.

" Tell me how she's doing Kase."

-Destiny

Destiny clicks the send button then exits out of her messages. She shuts her phones screen then leans her head back against the chair. Her eyes grow heavy after twenty minutes. And she passes out.

*******************************

As Chase drives his Chevy Pick up up the driveway he takes a deep breath. He knows he shouldn't have forced Destiny to come here. But he wants his mother and sister to talk once again. It's been years since they have even spoken let alone seen each other. Once his father left, both Destiny and his mother Cindy have not spoken to each other. She disowned her after Destiny ran a race and won it. He thinks back to that day. When he just looked back at his sister and then kept walking. His guilt rises from his stomach tying it into knots. Destiny's black Camaro Follows behind chases 2012 Silverado. Chase stops in front of the garage and cuts the engine of his V8. Destiny pulls up beside him and revs the engine loudly before cutting it. The door swings up opening and Destiny gets out. Her cowboy boots touch the rough grey gravel as she steps out of the Camaro. The gravel crunches under her feet as she reaches to shut the door. Chase walks over to her and looks at her. His brown eyes revealing worry.

" Are you ready?"

Chase asks while hiding any emotion that could be traced through his voice. He wraps his arm around her shoulders. Destiny looks at him and pushes his arm away.