Chapter Six

A knock sounds on Destiny's coach door. Followed by a voice.

" Destiny?"

There's another knock and then the door opens.

" Destiny?"

The guy says. Destiny rolls over hearing the voice. She gets up rubbing her eyes.

" yah? Who is it?"

She says back as she turns on the light in her room. The voice answers back.

" the second Duel winner."

Destiny opens the door smiling.

" well congrats Chase."

He looks at her laughing.

" it's eight in the morning Destiny."

Destiny's eyes open wide.

" really?"

She looks at the clock.

" shit... Ricks going to be pissed at me."

She looks at him then back at Tim who's still asleep.

" he sent me over to get you. He figured you where up late partying."

He chuckles.

" give me like five minutes."

She says and she goes to the bedroom grabbing clothes. She changes into a Jimmie Johnson tee and a pair of jeans. She throws on boots and heads out following Chase to the Team hauler.

** Hendrick Motorsports Meeting Hauler**

Johnson and Jr. are sitting on the steps of the hauler as their crew chiefs are inside talking to Rick. Destiny walks up with Chase. She smiles as Jr. waves at her.

" so where's Kasey?"

Dale says chuckling. Destiny gives him a look.

" How should I know?"

She says while she plays with her keys. She then looks at Johnson.

" So did you hear about Fast Motorsports? Their new rookie Dino Martinez?"

Destiny says as she sits down between the boys. Chase looks at her.

" you mean that nineteen year old Formula one driver?"

He asks curiously. Johnson also listens in.

" I guess so. He's cocky I know that much."

She says looking from Chase to Jimmie.

" Iv got six championships. He's got nothing on me."

Jimmie says with a smirk. Dale looks at Chase.

" Well I suppose this Dino kid is going to be racing for rookie of the year against Austin and Kyle."

Destiny nods.

" And he said in his interview earlier that he's after you Johnson. He wants the sprint cup."

Johnson looks at Destiny and smiles trying not to laugh.

" No hot head Formula One rookie is going to be good enough to challenge me for the title."

He says.

" Now why wouldn't this so called hot headed Formula One driver be able to challenge you Jimmie Johnson?"

Dales head spins around as does Johnson's, Chases, and Destiny's. They all look at this young boy. His hair styled pointy alittle. His black hair shines in the sun. He's in a white tee shirt. His pants are covered by a black fire suit with red detailing. The boys arms crossed as he stares at them. Destiny notices something a little off about his eyes though. A slight tint of red. She looks at them trying to figure out what it is. Dino notices her staring at him and he smiles slightly.

" Awww Iv been here for not even five minutes and she already admires me."

He says. Destiny gets up, her body full of anger. Both Johnson and Dale grab her and hold her back.

" Get your opened wheeled ass out of here! We will settle this on the track at Daytona!"

Destiny says out of anger. Dino laughs and uncrosses his arms.

" Ovals are so simple Destiny. Why don't we settle it some place that's a challenge."

He smiles as he watches her. She pulls away from Dale and Johnson then looks at Dino.

" and to make it interesting. If you win I'll go back to Formula One. But if I win."

He looks at her as she crosses her arms. He smiles finishing his sentence.

" you have to leave NASCAR forever and I'll take your place."

Dales eyes light up and he looks at Destiny. Johnson steps forward.

" I'm in on this race then if she's in on it. We are a team. We stick together like family."

Dale smiles and looks at Jimmie.

" I'm in as well."

Dale says. Destiny grins.

" I accept your challenge."

Chase looks at her worried. Jimmie and Dale stand by her as Dino turns to walk away.

" Meet in San Francisco the Monday after Daytona. At least you'll get to make one appearance before I kick you out of this sport for good."

He grins and walks away heading for his X games/ Motor Cross hauler. Destiny turns and looks at Jr. and Jimmie.

" Thanks guys. Thank you for standing by me."

Jimmie looks at her.

" anything to kick his ass off our tracks."

Jimmie says. Dale laughs not hearing the haulers sliding door open.

" What's so funny?"

They all turn to see Rick.

" oh nothing Rick. Just spending time with Destiny is all."

Rick gives him a look. The door opens and Kasey steps out. He sees Destiny standing with his teammates and he looks down.

" hay Des..."

He says with a low upsetting tone. Then he steps down the hauler and walks away. Destiny watches as he walks away.

" whys he so upset?"

She asks Rick. Rick gives a small smile then it dissapears.

" his moms hurt. Got hit by a car hard last night."

Destiny's eyes light up from terror.

" will she be alright?"

Rick looks down shaking his head.

" she's... In a coma."

He says in an upset tone. Destiny looks down then turns to Chase.

" I'll see you boys later. Like you said Jimmie, we stick together."

Destiny takes off after Kasey.

*********************************

Sorry about not writing lately guys! Iv been busy with work. Finally finished the firebird. Did anyone see today's Sonoma race? Damn I thought for sure Johnson had that win. Had a rage moment earlier when the tire went haha well I hope you guys enjoy this! I will write more tomorrow.