Chapter four

** Charlotte NC, Hendrick Motorsports head quarters**

Destiny pulls into the parking lot of Hendrick Motorsports co. She gets out looking at the buildings. On her left one building has the number 5 and 24 on it. On her right another building says 48, and 88 on it. She shuts the door to her Camaro and heads to the main building. She walks by Jr.s Chevy Taho and runs her hand along the side of it while breathing in the cool winter air. Snow covers the ground hiding the greenery around the building. She walks in and says hi to the receptionist then she heads down the hall to the drivers meeting. She reaches a door that has a plaque on it that says " meeting room". She knocks on the door and someone says come in. As she opens the door she sees Jimmie with Chad. Dale with Steve, Jeff with Alan, and kasey with his crew chief. Rick sits at the far end of the table with Case to his right. They all stare at her as she walks in.

" morning guys."

She says as she feels awkward with everyone staring at her. She sits down next to Case and rick goes on about stats on their test runs.

" So we have two car tandoms that run faster then the pack.-"

Rick gets cut off by Case.

" Destiny ran a speed on almost 200 mph Rick. She did it as a single car."

Case says. Rick nods looking at her. She sinks into her chair knowing she's going to be talked to after the meeting for being late.

" if Jimmie continues to run single during these tests and practices then I'm sure we can get enough data for maybe a win."

Chad Knaus says as he looks at Rick. Rick shakes his head and looks at both Jimmie and Chad.

" you boys better start learning how to draft. Cause if not. Ya'll are going to be left in the dust. If I were ya'll I'd let good old Destiny push you around a few laps."

Rick says then he looks at jr. Steve looks at Rick and goes to speak.

" Rick maybe dale can run a few practice laps with Johnson just to make him Alittle more comfortable. Or we could run as a pack. Just our five cars."

He says and Rick looks at him.

" maybe that's a good idea. Have you guys all draft together and get info on that. Five cars is enough to feel how to drive as a single, in a pack, and as a two car tandom."

Rick says.

After about an hour of them arguing and talking the meetings over and Destiny heads to her car.

" hey Destiny.can we talk?"

Destiny turns around to see kasey come jogging up to her from the main building. Destiny leans against her car and crosses her arms.

" what about kahne?"

She says with a slight attitude in her tone. Kasey looks at her and pushes it off.

" I'm sorry for not talking to you. I honestly thought you were like Danica. I figured after the test run you would have been let go. But you ran so well. You did almost two hundred I heard. Now that's impressive when your just a single car."

Destiny smiles Alittle.

" Iv had my great deal of accomplishments."

She says with a calm tone. Kasey looks at her and sighs.

" I'm sorry Destiny. I want to be your friend. Not rival."

He says and grins a little. He then looks at her Camaro.

" it's a little dangerous for you to be driving that out in the snow. Come with me I can give you a ride home and make sure you get there safe."

His eyes look at her giving her a warm feeling on the inside. His deep blue eyes. So calming as they look at her. She looks at him and then grabs some stuff from out of the car.

" alright kasey you have your chance to prove to me that you want to be on my good side."

She follows him to his truck. He opens the door for her. As Destiny gets in he shuts the door making sure she's safe. Then he gets in and fires up his Silverado. The heat already blaring.

" I'll call rick and tell him to park your car in the shop for the night."

Kasey says as he shifts the truck into drive. He pulls out slowly and stops at the street. He pulls out taking off towards Destiny's house.

" so five time ARCA champion?"

Kasey asks trying to not make the ride awkward. Destiny laughs.

" yup. And two time Nationwide champion."

Kasey stops at a stop light.

" I have heard your name so much over the past years. When Chase came into play I didn't realize his nineteen year old sister would beat him to the top series."

He chuckles Alittle then looks over at her. Her eyes gleaming in the winter sunlight.

" we have always been challenging each other. He told me that as soon as I reach NASCAR anyone would want me. Not for skill but for being a female.. I told him I could prove him wrong and I did. He was runner up to me those two years that I won the nationwide series cup. Then Furniture Row Racing asked me to drive for them in Sprint cup. I did last year but it was only part time. Kurt Busch wanted his ride back. But before I left the team I gave them five wins and seven top tens out of the fourteen races I ran."

She says as she watches the snow start to fall and collect on the side walks. Kasey smiles.

" your one tough girl. And skilled at that."

He smiles looking at her. Destiny turns on the radio and Pain by Three Days Grace comes on. She starts to sing along to it. Kasey can't believe it. A female who works in NASCAR but she likes Three Days Grace. He looks at her as she songs along. Her thick brown hair flows perfectly as she tries to dance somewhat. Kasey just chuckles and then pulls onto RiverSide Rd. He goes about 30mph down the road. The houses that are now one story stretched houses start to turn into more massive houses. Two floors but still normal for middle class. Kasey then takes a right at the end of the street and pulls onto Ashlake lane. Mansions line the street on both sides. He drives down past a massive white one. Then a brick one. All have four car garages, huge gates, and three floors. Destiny looks ahead seeing her house. A nice brick house with a huge deck over the front door and round drive way. It provided shade for her Ferrari when she decided to pull it out. Kasey pulls closer and pulls up to the gate. The camera registers kahnes plate as a Hendrick employee and allows him in. The gate slowly moves shaking off the ice and snow that may have been laid across it when she was away. The truck stops under the balcony. He gets out as well as Destiny. She smiles at him and then grabs her keys.

" thank you kasey."

She says with a smile. Kasey smiles back and hugs her lightly.

" anytime Mrs. Elliott the great."

He says jokingly. Destiny's cheeks turn bright red as she blushes.

" cute one kasey."

She says as she turns for the door.

" I'll see you at Daytona."

She says with an evil smile. Kasey laughs and heads to his truck. As he gets in he yells.

" you'll be seeing my back bumper!"

Destiny laughs and goes into the house. Kasey pulls away and leaves the massive house. He heads home for the night.