Chapter Fifteen

Destiny wakes slowly. She rolls over feeling a ball of fuzz next to her. Then she hears a low "meow". Her eyes open seeing a car laying on a light brown pillow. The comforter that is wrapped around her is also brown.

" Buddy come on, she needs to sleep."

Destiny hears. The first thought that comes to her mind is dale. She sees him as he walks around the bed and stops in front of the cat.

" Oh come on Buddy, look what you did. You woke her up."

He says as Destiny smiles. She laughs as Dale picks the cat up. He sits on the bed while petting Buddy.

" How do you feel?"

Dale asks calmly. Destiny looks at him and grins.

" Alive."

She says. Then she sits up. She scans the room trying to find something that's got NASCAR on it. Red velvet burros, a mirror, a few windows. It seemed.... Normal. Too normal for a NASCAR driver.

" What? Don't like the room?"

Dale asks as he notices her looking around.

" Your Dale Earnhardt Jr. yet there's no trace of NASCAR in this room. Not even a hint."

She says to him.

" Oh believe me, when you are able to get up you will be amazed."

He says as he gets up. He puts the cat down and then walks over to a small burro. Dale opens a drawer and pulls out a black and silver remote.

" Here, I don't want my new teammate being bored at my house"

Dale tosses the remote onto the bed and Destiny grabs it.

" Where's the tv?"

Destiny asks. Dale smiles and walks over to the wall with a bunch of switches on it. He flips the third on in and the curtains start to move. An 80 inch flat screen is revealed. Destiny's eyes full with excitement.

" That's huge!"

She says amazed. Dale laughs.

" Yup. When you make 19 million a year that's something you can afford."

Destiny flips through the stations looking for something interesting. She lands on the Fox sports One channel and sees the X-Games on. The rally cars are racing around the Vegas speedway. The cars would drift around turns and go over jumps. As Dale walks back into the room he hears Destiny laughing.

" what's so funny?"

Dale asks as he sets a tray down that's filled with food. Destiny looks at him then she rewinds the interview segment.then she pauses it.

" you have got to listen to this kid. His name is Denver Wes. Apparently just cause Rickey Carmichael got into the truck series he thinks racing around turns and going over jumps will get him into either Nationwide or Sprint."

Dale looks at her with a look. Then he sighs.

" What?"

Destiny asks as she pulls herself up.

" They do more then we do Des. Have you ever heard of an x-games champion called Juliana O'Brien? She was in NASCAR for a few years. She ran rally cross, motor cross, and she kicked ass. She's a four time rally cross champion and a three time motor cross champion. She had done everything she could in the X-Games. Juliana decided to take on a new challenge. Then she came around here when Kasey was a rookie. She had handed our asses to us a few times. Then something happened."