Chapter Forty Four

Cool air hits Destiny's face as she drives down the coast of Florida. She had gone through Jacksonville already and was just following the deep blue ocean. She knew that it was now Thursday. That her hauler with her car would end up showing up at New Hampshire Motor speedway. Her crew would be there expecting her to show up the next day for first practice and qualifying. But the truth is. She doesn't want to go back. Steve had been one of the few that believed in her. And now he is gone.

Destiny sighs and follows behind an old Cadillac convertible. The car was as massive as a boat. She could see people tanning on the hot sand of the beach. Others going through stores and restaurants.

" What I'd do to have a normal life..." Destiny says as she follows the water heading for west Palm beach FL.

At a point she knew that she would reach Daytona. She was debating on going to the track and just siting there. Let herself think, but no. She had to get to west palm. If she did want to run at NH there was an airport at Fort Lauderdale not to far away from where she was going.

Chase gets out of his truck. It's been three days now with no word from Destiny. He had Kyle tracking the pictures that people had taken of the Transformers Bumble Bee. The most recent picture was in Jacksonville FL. The car was parked out front of a Dunkin Donuts. The tinted black windows up. There was mud scattered across the side he could see. The tires worn a little more then before but the car still lived.

" Chase? Are you ok?"

Chase hears from a little bit down the parking lot. His dull eyes look up to see Daniela walking towards him. She had a fall black leather jacket on. Her hair fell freely onto her shoulders.

" I'm alright. There's just been a lot going on." Chase looks towards the road as dales cream colored Chevy Taho slows to pull into the parking lot.

Daniela looks at Chase. She couldn't take it. His eyes were dull. His hair was carelessly through around. His clothes were even dull. He was in all black. Including black cowboy boots.

" Come on Chase. She's alive. She's strong. Her and that car are going to roll on. I bet she will be around by Saturday. If I know your sister I would say that she can't stay away from racing. She can't stay away from the action." Daniela says.

Then she hugs Chase.

Ryan Truex and Alex Bowman hang around at BK Racing. Their plane leaves around 6 tonight for New England. Ryan has been silent since Destiny dissapeared. He hasn't even bothered to help look for her. While Alex did along with Dylan, Brendan, Austin, Ty, and the others. Almost all the drivers have been looking for her but no one had found her yet.

Chase sits in Ricks office with his nerves going wild. As the door opens both Rick and Dale walk in.

Rick sits behind the desk and Dale sits next to Chase.

" It's day three Chase. And still no word." Rick says.

Chase sighs and then looks at him.

" We know where she has been. There have been pictures everywhere of her car. The last one was in Jacksonville." Chase says.

Rick leans back as he takes a breath.

" She's in Florida?" Rick asks.

Chase nods his head. Both Dale and Rick look at each other.

" Who can we send down there to talk her out of what she's doing?" Rick says.

Dale shakes his head.

" Tim.... But he's fallen into a coma from a head injury. He has a tumor on the right half of his brain." Dale says.

Chase looks over at him.

" What?!"

Destiny speeds down the highway watching as the miles lower by every hour.

' Daytona Beach- 10 miles'

A sign said as she drove by another exit that people use to get to the race track.

After about an hour she pulls off the highway and gets closer to the track. The track is massive on the outside. Destiny can see it from three miles away. The stands towering over everything else around it. The cranes finishing up the additional stands.

" Dear god.. If there is one... Why am I here?" Destiny says.

She gets off the highway and heads for Daytona.

As she sits at a red light she turns her cell on. Not even a second later her cell rings. Destiny looks at the caller ID. It reads ' Chase'.

" Come on pick up!" Chase shouts as he's sitting in the shop.

Kenny Francis looks up giving him a look.

" You alright over there?" Kenny asks.

Chase turns away pretending to ignore him. The phone continues to dial. He gets her voice mail but knows that her cells on. He calls again. He tensely walks back and forth in the shop with the phone to his ear.

" Chase are you ok?" Kenny asks as he walks up to him.

Chase takes a deep breath.

" She's gone...." Chase says.

" She was hurt... And then all this...she won't be coming back." Chase says. He redials again and listens to the dial tone. On the fifth one the line grows silent. Chases eyes light up and he stands up getting off the tool box.

" H...Hello?"

Chase hears. He can hear the hurt in her voice.

" DESTINY?!?!" Chase yells out of excitement.

Kenny looks up at him as does Kasey. Dale walks through the shop door as Chase yells her name.

Authors note: I'm going to bed. Sorry it's wicked short. It hurts to type so I'm done for the night. Vote and comment! Night ya'll!