Chapter Thirty Seven

Destiny was up and ready for her first run at Chicagoland. She had already showered and threw on a tank top and tight black shorts. After breakfast she went back into her room and slipped into her fire suit. This time it was blue and white since they swapped around her designs. Her number on her car was now white. The 84 and 48 were like sister cars. They both looked the same just different numbers and sponsors.

As she opens her bedroom door she almost walks into Tim. Her heads so focused on the Chase that she didn't even notice him come into the coach.

" Morning baby." Tim says as he wraps his arms around her.

Destiny takes a deep breath breathing in his scent.

" Morning timothy, where have you been?" She asks as her face is buried in his shoulder.

Tim rubs her back.

" Went for a walk. The garages have been busy since five this morning. The crews get here early, damn." Tim says.

Destiny pulls away and looks at him.

" It's the life we all chose. We live, breath, and sleep NASCAR. The crews are the ones that make the cars run smooth and well. I just drive it to hell and back." She grins then kisses his cheek.

" See you out there timothy." She says then she walks out into the living room of her coach.

Destiny walks out of her coach and heads for the garages.

" Morning sleeping beauty." Alex says as he leans back into the couch.

Ryan rubs his eyes. Then he grabs a blueberry pop tart out of the top cabinet.

" Who let you in?" Ryan says in a low tone.

Alex laughs.

" Martin. Who else?" He answers then sits up.

" Where is Martin anyways?" Ryan asks then he stuffs the first pop-tart into his mouth.

" Garages I believe. Dale wanted to talk with him before practice and qualifying." Alex says.

Ryan yawns then groans letting his head fall onto his arms.

" it's too early. I feel like I'm going to school again. And I hate school." Ryan mumbles between his arms.

Alex gets up quietly and goes towards his teammate. He sneaks behind him as Ryan is still leaning over the counter waiting on his other pop tart to pop from the toaster. Alex then pokes Ryan in the sides startling him.

" what the fuck! What was that! Come here you idiot!" Ryan then yells.

He lashes out at Bowman but Alex runs towards the couch. Ryan grabs the back of bowman's fire suit and pulls him backwards.

" Now Iv got you!" Ryan shouts.

Then he puts Alex into a choke hold.

Both boys go at it in Martin Truex's motor coach. Alex gets out of the choke hold and pushes Ryan backwards. Ryan's body connects with the oven. When he looks up at Alex his eyes are fierce with anger. His hands now fists.

" Come here you bitch!" Ryan says and then runs at Alex.

Destiny and Kasey walk down the long road that is surrounded by million dollar motor homes. On their right is now Kevin Harvick's and to their left is Matt Kenseth's.

" So are you excited?" Kasey asks Destiny as they continue walking.

Destiny looks at Kasey who is in a black and white Farmers insurance fire suit. His hair combed and tamed.