Chapter Five

** Daytona International Speedway, Daytona FL, Budweiser duels,6:30pm**

" well DW the first eighteen cars are lined up to hit the asphalt of this super speedway."

Bob says holding the microphone to his mouth. Darrell nods.

" we have three out of the five Hendrick cars in the first duel tonight. Jeff Gordon, kasey kahne, and Destiny Elliott. The field is set by practice times. Austin Dillion was fastest so he starts first. Second is Matt kenseth followed by Carl Edwards in third. Jeff Gordon will roll off fourth followed by Destiny Elliott in fifth."

Darrell takes a breath as Bob continues the line up.

" Joey Logano takes sixth and Kyle Larson is seventh. Kurt Busch in his new 41 Haas Chevy starts eighth. David Ragan starts ninth. Brian Vickers is tenth followed by Clint Bowyer in eleventh."

Bob looks at Darrell. Darrell finishes up the field.

Destiny high fives Dales hand as he walks by her.

" good luck out there Destiny. I'll be watching you."

He smiles and Destiny smiles back. She takes a sip of her coke and then waves out at the crowd. They cheer seeing her in the duel. Jeff comes over to her and hits her shoulder lightly.

" if you need any help out there just remember I'll work with you. And kasey agreed too as well."

He smiles and hugs her.

" good luck Des."

He says then he heads to his car and talks to Alan. Destiny heads over to Case as her crew looks over the car one last time.

" hay there you are. Chase is looking for you."

Case says as Destiny stops in front of him.

" I was with Dale."

She says then she puts her soda on the top off her car.

" makes sence. We'll good luck. Chase will be on your pit box. He will be able to talk to you if you need help. Just stay with the draft. That's all you can do. And make sure you follow the line that is running faster times."

Case says as Joey walks over.

" everything's set Case. I'll be heading up to the top of the suit soon."

Case nods. Joey looks at Destiny and smiles.

" have fun out there."

She nods and sees Tim coming over to her.

" I'll be with Chase if you need me baby."

He kisses her and then they turn their attention to the stage in the middle of the track.

" ladies and gentlemen please rise and remove your hats as the West Florida navy presents our nations colors."

The fans stand up all looking down at stage in the infield. They give a prayer and then the national anthem. Five F-16 Raptors fly over the track and the crowd screams with joy. The crews give each other high fives and then they head to their pits. Drivers climb into there cars readying themselves for the seventy lap race ahead of them.

Destiny climbs into her car as Rich helps her with her belts. Chase hands her her helmet and gloves.

" have fun out there. I'm up next just to let you know."

He smiles looking at her.

" Furniture Row wants a second driver so Martin has the seventy eight. I'm in the seventy nine."