Chapter Twenty Two

The Chevy Camaro pace car pulls off pit road with the field following behind. Destiny warms her tires up as they go around turn one.

" Alright let's get this one done and over with."

Case says over the radio. Destiny sighs then pulls up beside Dale jr. as they line up for the start of the race. As they come out of turn four the pace car pulls off the track. And the green flag waves. Brad Keselowski and Joey Logano take off followed by Jamie McMurray. The field goes into turn one. Jimmie Johnson has just passed Jamie McMurray for third. Destiny follows Dale as they now enter turn three. For the first thirty laps everyone runs with very few passes. As green flag pit stops start Bob and Darrell talk about how the Penske boys have been running.

" We have a car in the wall in turn three! Brian Scott in the #33 was running in the 35th position when he cut a tire and smashed into the wall. This mixes up the field greatly. Some of the top ten drivers were caught on pit road when it happened. Including Destiny Elliott and Brad Keselowski."

Bob says as the field lines itself up behind the pace car.

" Fuck. We got caught on pit road when the caution came out."

Case says into the radio. Destiny follows brads white Miller Lite Ford out of pit road. They both go to the end of the field as the officials continue to clean up the wreck that Brian Scott left behind.

" Well now this is going to get interesting. Our leader is now 41st and our second place driver is in 42nd. That allows Kevin Harvick and Dale Jr. to take the front row. Pit road will be open for the rest of the cars next time around."

Darrell says. Brad warms his tires up as they go down the back stretch at about 80mph. Destiny stays behind him. As the field comes back around Kevin leads Dale and the rest of the field down pit road. Dino Martinez refuses to go down and he stays out taking the lead. Brad takes second and Destiny lines up behind Dino.

" Kevin Harvick comes in and takes right side tires only. Also fuel. Krista."

" Jimmie Johnson is taking fuel and four tires. He says his car is perfect. No adjustments here on the 48 car. Dick."

" Dale Jr. took four tires also and he did take fuel. A round of wedge for him. He says the car is tight on entry and it becomes loose on exit. Bob."

" So they will line up with Kevin fourth and Johnson fifth. Carl Edwards, only took fuel and gained sixteen spots. He will take sixth. Here's a name we haven't heard all day, Chase Elliott is now in seventh. His crew put four tires on and gave him fuel. He had the fastest pit stop out of everyone. And now here he is. The rookie in seventh. Kurt Busch behind him followed by Ryan Newman."

Bob says. The field lines up and follows the pace car around turn four. It's lights go out indicating that they are to go this time. The pace car picks up speed and plows down pit road. The field slowly rolls towards the start/finish line. Dino hits the gas as the green flag is waved. Dino and Brad go into turn one two wide. Destiny following behind them just watching. Johnson following her as well. After five laps Brad passes Dino for the lead. Destiny then goes low and takes second away from him. They run battling for sixty laps before another caution comes out for Brian vickers in the #55. He was running in 25th when it happened. After more pit stops Kevin Harvick comes out with the lead. He leads for another hundred laps. Dale right behind him chasing him down.

" and there's a car in the wall! Kyle Larson with only thirteen laps to go hits the wall hard in turn two!"

Bob says. The field slows behind the pace car.

" This is our eighth caution. Kyle Larson was racing hard with Austin Dillion. It looks like Austin slid up the track and Kyle hit the wall."

Darrell says.

No one pits and now there is only nine to go. Kevin Harvick takes the lead. Logano looks low below Harvick as they go threw turn one. Dale Jr. gets a great run off of two as he chases after Harvick. They race around the track four more times.

" Final lap for Kevin Harvick! Dale and Destiny are trying to chase him down as they go into turn one! Dale jr comes out of turn two, Destiny sling shots around jr! Now she is gaining on Harvick fast."

" But Darrell Harvicks now in turn three! And Dale is catching up to Destiny!"

Kevin Harvick comes out of turn four as Jr pulls up beside Destiny. The Hendrick teammates race side by side out of turn four.

" Win number one for Kevin Harvick!"

Darrell yells. Dale takes second from Destiny as they come across the line.

" Hendrick teammates top five!"

Dale finishes second Destiny third. Johnson and Jeff fourth and fifth. Kevin Harvick does his burn out as the rest of the field goes to pit road.