Chapter Forty Three

" ugh... Where am I?" Kyle says in a weak tone.
His eyes open slowly revealing a blurry image of a poorly decorated room that smelled liked death and old people. He rubs his eyes feeling his arms protest. Both shake from being weak. His upper body is wrapped up so he can't tear open the wound. His burns are also wrapped up. An IV is in his right arm which has already started to irritate him.
" Your alive!" A familiar voice yelps out of excitement.
" La..Lauren?" Kyle says.
He turns his head weakly to face her. She runs over and wraps her arms around his neck.
" Oh thank The Lord your alive." She says as she hugs him.
Kyle lays his right hand on her back lightly on her hair.
" Iv got nine lives. Iv used two now." He says laughing. Then he winces.
" Ouch.." He says.
Lauren pulls away watching as Kyle lays his hand where the doctors did surgery.
" Shall I get a doctor?!" Lauren asks worried.
Kyle shakes his head and then settles.
" No no I'm fine. Don't worry about me baby." He grins trying to fight back the pain.
Lauren gives him a look then sits on the bed next to him.
" Sooo.... I suppose your seasons over." She says in a quiet tone.
Kyle looks at her. Her eyes beautiful as they look upon him. Kyle lays his hand on her right cheek.
" Lauren." He says.
She looks at him trying to stay strong but a tear slips past and falls down her cheek. Kyle wipes it away and then slides his hand under her chin. He pulls her closer to him until their lips just brush. Then he kisses her pulling her into a full on kiss.

Destiny gets out of her 69' Camaro and walks into the main building at HMS ( Hendrick Motorsports). It was fan day at HMS as well. The doors opened at 10am which is why she had to be there around 8 to help get ready. Even Chase had to be there since Junior Motorsports was part of HMS now. As Destiny walked down the hall she saw the crews getting ready to show off their pit routines. The hall way had numerous tires lining the walls. Destiny continues down the hallway trying to keep Larson off her mind. Two days ago she had helped look for him. Around 1:30 in the afternoon she got a call from Karlee saying that they had found both Jamie and Kyle. Kyle was seriously hurt and Jamie had minor injuries but a serious concussion to the head. Karlee told her that Kyle was being air lifted to the hospital for immediate surgery. Now all she can do is wait. Just the thought makes her half metal wrist throb. It made her wince. She then rubs it trying to get it to settle. Her wrist has not been the same either since they totally rebuilt it. She could feel the metal shards scraping on her bone.
" Des where are you going?"
Chase snaps Destiny out of her thoughts and she realizes how close she was to walking into the men's bathroom.
" Ummm... Honestly I have no clue. I was thinking." She says trying to ignore her glowing red cheeks.
Chase shakes his head laughing.
" Come on the fans want to see the Elliott siblings." He says.
Destiny groans.
" It's only 8:30" she says.
Chase laughs.
" They are still outside though." He argues back.
Destiny rolls her eyes.
" Where's Dani?" Destiny asks.
Chase shrugs and looks at the ground.
" I think dales going to keep her a secret until next February." Chase says.
Destiny sighs.
" I suppose even though her massive ass hauler is outside with the others." She protests.
Chase shrugs.
" Well I don't know." He answers back not wanting to continue the convo on the girl he actually thinks is hot.
" Let's go find the others." Destiny says.
Chase points towards the doors that lead to the 48, 84, 88 garage that are to the left of them. Destiny leads the way towards the garages.

Dale leans against his 88 car with his arms crossed as Jimmie talks about his run the week before.
" I would try one line and the car would just get loose on me. It was horrible." Johnson says.
Dale nods then looks at Chad Knaus and his crew chief James. Both in a deep conversation.
" Chase ran well though and to see Des get that win." Dale adds.
Johnson grins.
" She has skills. So does Chase." Johnson says.
As they both continue to talk the door to the main building opens. Jimmie and Dale both look over seeing Destiny and Chase talking. Well arguing over something dumb.
" How many times do I have to tell you Chase. I'm not going hunting with you. It's boring because your fat head scares everything away." She says.
Dale chuckles.
" You can use my dale call if you want." Dale makes a reference to his comercial.
They all laugh. Then they continue the conversation.