Chapter Thirty Three

Destiny sat there for a while in silence. She could hear the cars going over the bridge on the highway. And she could here the traffic of down town Charlotte. The air planes flying over. Charlotte was home. To be honest Charlotte is where it all started for her. When Jimmie won the all star race. That moment Jimmie picked her up in victory lane and held her high. Confetti everywhere and Gatorade splashing all over her. She can remember everything. The next day after that win she didn't go home. Actually, she never did go home. She hung out with Jimmie, Jeff, Mark, and Dale.

After a half hour Destiny gets up. She leaves her shattered phone and goes up the stands. By this point she had lost it. She had everything a 19 year old could ever have and much more. But all she ever wanted was acceptance. To be accepted by her mother.

Destiny continues to climb the stands. Right next to her was the suits and where the spotters would stand. She goes to the highest point of the stands and stands up on the bench. Destiny lays her hands on the railing as she looks around. The stand is so high that she can see everything. She can see between the sky scrapers. She could actually see the NASCAR hall of fame.

" Destiny!"

She hears from behind. The whole time she was up there she didn't notice the boys running towards the stands. It would have been funny to see them try to fit through that tiny hole in the fence. Destiny turns around and steps down from the bench seeing Jimmie, and Jeff. Kasey was terrified of heights so he was twenty rows down trying not to look down.

" Destiny what are you doing?" Jimmie asks concerned.

Destiny sighs.

" Losing my mind..." She says in a low tone.

Jeff walks past Jimmie and goes up to Destiny.

" We may just seem like a team Des but we are family. If you ever want to talk. We are all here. Jimmie, Kasey, Dale, and I." Jeff says as he wraps his arm around her pulling her into a hug.

Jimmie sits down in the row below them. He turns himself around so he can talk to them. Kasey finally reaches the top and sinks down beside Jimmie terrified. Destiny sighs and sits down. Jeff sits beside her.

" Was it that tornado?" Jeff asks as he glances at her left hand.

Destiny shakes her head no then looks at all of them. All their eyes beautiful. Even jimmies brown eyes.

" It's more family then racing. Well I mean it has to do with racing but.. Ugh! I just want to be accepted by my mother. With my father being across the country and all, she's the only one who can take care of me. I hate being abandoned.... Feeling like I can not ever enter that house. I have not seen my sisters in so long. It had been so long since I have seen Chase as well." Destiny says in a hurt tone.

Jeff pulls her closer.

" Des if you want we can go with you to your moms. And talk to her."

Jeff throws out as an idea.

Destiny does not accept.

" The only way to be accepted is to leave NASCAR. And this is my passion. Why would I leave it? Why would I leave you guys? You guys are my family. I just need to forget about my mother." Destiny says.

Then she lowers her head into her hands and takes a deep breath.

" I need to worry about my injuries... And getting myself into the All Star Race." Destiny says as she looks at Jeff, Jimmie, and Kasey.

" Come on let's get out of here." Jimmie stands up saying.

Jeff looks at him then at Kasey. Destiny sighs and gets up.