Phantoms and Angels: The Heist

Author's note: setting is somewhat modern time. Thought I'd try my hand in an AU. Idea came from a Voltage Inc Otome game. Also this one is pretty long. Sorry!

Part One

***********************************

"Dammit, Arlert! Hurry up and disable the security system already!" your leader hissed, a finger to his earpiece. Levi had his other hand lifted up, waiting for Armin's go ahead to give the rest of you the signal to move. You adjusted your footing quietly for a better spring when you were allowed to roll out.

You turned your (e/c) eyed gaze from the mansion to your leader, waiting patiently for the signal. Levi met your eyes briefly and he let the slightest smirk play across his lips

"I know, I know," you heard Armin say frantically back in your own earpiece. At Armin's voice, Levi looked away from you, his expression serious once more. "One minute."

You eyed the rest of your group, all of you crouched down in the shadows of the large wall you all scaled with ease thanks to your gear. Each of you were dressed in all black, to each his or her own style and preference. The two people from the group who were missing were Armin, the technical specialist and hacker who was stationed back at the van, and your leader, Erwin, who was back at headquarters dealing with covering your team's tracks after the heist.

The Phantoms.

The seven of you comprised the world renowned group of thieves, or the modern day Robin Hood. You stole from the bad guys and gave back to the good. It didn't matter the item or the place, nearly every mission was a success thanks to the specialties each thief carried. Erwin was the invention specialist: his father created the 3DMG for The Phantoms uses and Erwin has been tweaking them ever since to increase their advantages. He also gathered information to decide on what targets were priority and which ones could wait. Levi was second in command, an all around natural in nearly everything he did but he was the one who planned out all the missions to the smallest detail. Mikasa was the most agile and nimble; if any heist called for complicated evasions to retrieve an item (such as laser trip wires within a bank vault), she was the go to. Armin was the hacker and tech specialist: anything from shutting down security, watching and replacing security videos, unlocking doors, and/or retrieving passwords was within his realm. Eren was the brawn of your group, despite his overall size and stature. He could take down five security guards in no time flat with his exceptional martial arts training. Jean specialized in disguises and staking out targets. He could pull off nearly anything, and how he managed to find the correct uniforms for particular places always astounded you. Often times, he was unrecognizable to even his own team.

And you.

You were, by far, the best shot in the group and stealth was your forte. The Phantoms don't kill anyone, but you have used tranquilizer guns to knock out targets before moving in. Your role varied with each mission. You could be on the front lines stealing the item because Levi required your skill in stealth, or you could be covering the routes in and out of the target building with your silenced sniper rifle if need be.

"System down!" Armin said finally. "Video cameras disabled. You've got approximately five minutes before the system alerts the police."

Levi clenched his hand into a fist to signify you were on the move. The group had gone over the plan several times before getting here so you were aware of your role tonight in retrieving an extremely expensive, pink diamond ring from this several million dollar house. The ring was going to be sold on the black market in two days, but the ring itself was stolen from its rightful owners three years ago by the politician that lived here.