The Pact

Author's note: edit (9|14|19) All parts have all been rearranged for better access to the stories that have multiple chapters. So a lot of the authors notes won't make sense from here on out. I'm in the process of deleting them or rewriting those ANs

**********************************

"Levi!" you cried, springing up from a roll after a hard landing on the rooftop. "Roughly a 9 meter Titan and a 5 meter Titan were reported half a league south by Jinn! The team is working to take them down."

Levi barely nodded, not even bothering to look at you. You knew he knew that already; you were merely informing him.

You and Levi, by strange circumstances, were the duo of duos. From the get go, you both had skills beyond those of ordinary soldiers and Erwin took notice of that and demanded you both work as partners. After years of working together to take down titans, your combined tactics were seamless. You knew each other's combat gestures, strategy, and strongest skills. The fluidity of your teamwork, timing, blade precision, and flawless agility the both of you possessed were what made the two of you the perfect combat pair.

In the beginning, Levi was difficult to work with, and even more difficult talking to while off duty. For a while, he outright refused to work with you, stating he worked solo. However, over time, you grew to understand his cold ways, learning subtlety was the key for you to make any sense of him. He wanted to work solo because he wanted to be reckless, and he knew recklessness would needlessly threaten other soldiers' lives. With stern encouragement from Erwin, and perhaps your own brand of insistency, Levi slowly learned to work with you. Years and years working side-by-side created an unspoken yet strong bond of trust and loyalty to the other.

Together, you both were deemed "humanity's strongest soldiers" or recently and lamely dubbed "The Power Pair."

Levi sighed. You knew this was more out of boredom than annoyance; the both of you hadn't seen much action on this expedition. Secretly, you were grateful this was a small scale expedition to clear out some of the Titans within the surrounding area of Wall Rose, and particularly near Trost District. This was a routine thing ever since the attack on Shinganshina four years prior. Generally, only the topnotch soldiers of the Survey Corps were on these small missions. Because of that, casualties were far less likely to occur.

Something caught your eye within your peripherals and you glanced over to your right.

"15 meter sighted," you said without any real worry. You began to re-tie your (h/c) hair quickly back into a tight ponytail since it had loosened a bit from previous combat and maneuvering with the omni-directional gear. "Ready when you are."

Levi turned to face the direction of the Titan in question. "It's a deviant," he said in his usual deadpan tone. "It's fast."

You placed your hands on the trigger hilts and pulled out two sharpened blades. "I noticed."

"You failed to mention that, (f/n)."

You laughed in a good natured fashion. "It's not like you wouldn't notice!!"

With that, you broke into a run before you pulled the triggers to release your cables. "Don't slow me down!!"

You could hear him scoff behind you just before Levi whipped past you, turning to you in midair. "That's my line," he said with the slightest smirk. With a grin, you tailed him while closing in on the deviant Titan. Unfortunately, the surrounding area you and Levi had to undertake the Titan was sparse with usable support for your iron wire propellers. Few buildings were tall enough for for this size of a Titan and even fewer trees were within range. In a way, this was the best situation one could hope for in a nearly flat expanse. Levi and you would have to make due with the Titan himself being your support.