Phantoms and Angels: Rio

Author's note: hey there! Thank you immensely for all the votes and views. Due to high demand, between comments and messages, I caved and a part 2 was in order. Enjoy! Xoxo

Edit: so as I'm writing this second part out, I realized it's going to need a part 3 and maybe 4. So I will be doing those as well in between other little one shots. It's like a short story within other ones. :) also this ended up being longer than expected. And way more fluffier too. I apologize

Part Two

*************************************

"I do not condone this at all in the slightest," said Levi's voice behind you after you finished a clip of ammo from your new sidearm.

"Then don't watch," you replied flatly, raising your arms again and aiming.

It's been two and half weeks since your encounter with The Dark Angels and receiving your gunshot wound. For the most part, the skin was healed over but your private doctor warned you it would take a least a month to two for it to fully heal internally. You understood that, seeing that moving certain ways caused you tolerable pain. Even if it was endurable, you still found yourself wincing every twenty minutes.

The first week you were completely bed ridden, other than to use the restroom and to shower. As Levi promised you, he rarely left your side, to a point that you were annoyed with his presence hovering over you. He would wait outside the bathroom, ask if you needed help changing, and follow you around his house. Whatever room you were in, he was there. He refused to let you go home, fearing your injured state would leave you as an easy target for an attempted kidnapping and hostage situation in order to retrieve the Pink Rose. You understood his point but part of you felt guilty for crashing in his bed.

Another part of you knew that you did this to yourself. High off medication the first night, you admitted you were scared for your life and didn't want to be alone. Since then, Levi took it up himself to let you sleep in his bed with him. Nothing ever happened between you; most of the time you'd just lay there and talk until you fell asleep, usually keeping the largest gap possible between you two.

Well, that's not entirely true. You knew he moved himself to the chaise in his room to sleep once he thought you were. You figured it was out of respect for you. Several times you tried to get him to let you trade places so he could have his own bed but he outright refused to let a woman sleep on the couch.

Presently, you were in the headquarters' sound proof shooting range, testing your skills now that you had been injured. You would pitch a fit if you found that you had to be replaced if you couldn't maintain your near perfect accuracy. As much as you knew their skills were good, you weren't keen on letting Mikasa or Levi take over sniping. Levi, however, felt it was far too soon for you to be firing any weapons but you were tenacious. After a warm up round of bullets, you thankfully found your aim was as perfect as ever, but the issue was the kick on any gun was giving you waves of pain. You thought it was strange since your wound was in your torso, not your shoulders or arms.

"Enough." You had just finished emptying your forth clip from your handgun and had just reached out for your sniper rifle when Levi's hand was at your forearm, roughly pushing you to lower your gun.

You removed your earmuffs that drowned out the sounds of the gun firing while shooting Levi a warning glance. "What's your problem?"

"Don't be so damn stubborn," he said firmly. "You're in pain, it's written on your face. Give yourself more time-"

"I don't have time!" you cut in. "Who is to say we have time? We don't know what the hell the Dark Angels are doing and I need to be ready in case they strike. Injury doesn't take precedence over priority!"