Worlds Apart: Judgement

Author's Note: Ayooo, what's up. Ignore the fact the picture says happy birthday lol Here it is, the next installment of Levi being Prince Asshat of Asshatville. haha jk I will eventually finish up Phantoms and Angels...I've just had zero motivation to do so. Uhh, surprisingly, Levi isn't the center point of this chapter, sorry. THIS REALLY SHOULD HAVE BEEN A SHORT BOOK LOL Anyway, as a constant reminder for WA, OOC Levi. I'm so tired. Idk what is this crap? So yeah, don't forget to vote, comment, review, and what not. 

Also sorry, I'm too lazy to recap everything, so I'll just recap last chapter. Don't kill me. kthanksbai

Part Four: Levi invited you to be his date to a charity ball, but in order for you to go, you have to waltz. Unfortunately, you don't know how to waltz, so you were forced to take waltzing lessons provided by Cristoph, his butler. You kinda, sorta master it...as best you can in like six hours. Then you get dressed, you look hot, and Levi comes to pick you up from your room. Btw, he said you were beautiful. You think he is lying. (He was flirting).

Part Five

***

"Breathe, princess..." you heard Levi whisper beside you.

You exhaled noiselessly in your realization that you had been holding your breath for quite some time. There were so many lights, so much noise. Everywhere you looked were blinding, flashes in your eyes and you were doing your best to not squint down into mass of reporters and charity goers. You felt more like a celebrity than the marriage prospect of a prince. Neither appealed to you.

As if to encourage you, you felt Levi pull you a little closer to his side. You moved your shoulder back and lifted your chin in an effort to appear as regal as he did.

Levi and you had entered the Great Hall at the top of the stairs, arms linked and heads high, about thirty minutes after the charity ball had officially started. Your heart was pounding wildly inside your chest, desperately praying to any higher power that you would not make yourself a fool tonight, or worse, Levi a fool. Despite your surge of confidence ten minutes prior, you were no longer feeling very sure of yourself in the face of so many upperclassmen.

Within seconds, you could feel the weight of their judgement and scrutiny. You had been a nobody before you met Levi and yet now, you were under a spotlight from the media. One of the most eligible bachelors of the world, who was known to brush off any romantic interests or marriage prospects, was now sporting you proudly on his arm...all because of chance. Of course you would be under close examination now.

Upon your entrance, there was a great clamor of noise. Between the applause and chatter, you could only focus on descending the stairs carefully. Tearing your dress or falling, or both, would be humiliating for you and the royal family. 

"This is...terrifying," you said. You had spoken just above the din but still kept a perfect smile intact to hide your fear. You glanced over at Levi and saw him smirk just slightly at your statement.

"I already told you, you look beautiful," he replied tonelessly as you continued to descend the stairs. "Own it."

You couldn't help but quietly scoff. "Easy for you say, prince."

He chuckled humorlessly.

"By the way, the first thing we are required to do is dance," said Levi. Your heart lurched in your chest upon hearing the news. You truly had little courage at this point, not with all the blatant and angry staring at you from all the ladies of the court.

Your eyes fell onto those of the queen's; she was the easiest to pick out among the crowd because her glaring at you was fierce just as you reached the bottom of the stairs. As you were about to duck your gaze, you stopped to look at the young woman at the queen's side.