Worlds Apart: Silhouette

Author's note: herro, please enjoy the third installment of Prince Levi! xoxo and thank you for the continued support! Also, remember...slightly OOC Levi...as he is a prince and well yeah.....ENJOY

Part Three

***

The night air was cool and crisp to your lungs and the breeze kicked up a faint yet verdant scent while you meandered the Citadel's grounds. The sky was clear, the moonlight guiding your way through the garden. Back in Valen, the stars were visible but there was nothing quite like seeing the heavens above here in Serendair. You had never seen such a sight; there were so many stars and even the Milky Way galaxy was palpable.

It was relatively late, but as far as you knew, you had no particular curfew, as long as you were within the premises of the castle. You had needed some fresh air to clear your head; your first four days within these halls had been a whirlwind of high class confusion.

Your thoughts traveled back to your first night in the Citadel.

Upon arrival at the Throne Room with Levi, you met the king and queen of Serendair, and needless to say, it had been strange.

Your grip on Levi's arm had been tight, unbeknownst to yourself; you were incredibly nervous, as you were unsure what you were supposed to say, if anything at all. Once you lifted your anxious gaze up to the ornate thrones before you, you found yourself looking at two very regal beings.

Do kings and queens just sit around all day on their thrones and just laze around? you thought idly. A million questions came to mind. You had no idea what the day in a life of a ruler entailed but you had to really wonder if they did absolutely nothing and just wait for people to visit them like now. You knew, that obviously, they had a kingdom to rule but you weren't sure what you were expecting upon your first meeting.

The king was beaming as you both approached them; you found this as a surprise. The queen, however, did not make any attempt to hide her obvious disdain, for her frown was deep and her eyes were piercing. Her glare made you uncomfortable so you settled to keep your gaze on the king's pleasant smile instead.

Levi looked a lot like his father. They had the same facial structure; same eyes, jaw line, and nose. Levi's hair was darker though, as his father's was a lighter brown, which was greying at his temples. Levi must have gotten his hair and complexion from his mother. The king didn't look all that old, for someone who was dying of pancreatic cancer though, nor did he seem to care that was ill. The queen, however, looked nothing like the two. She was still relatively young looking, with her deep, red hair, pale skin, and her fierce blue eyes. She was stunning, in a way.

Once you were close enough to them, you and Levi both bowed deeply in respect. Once straightened, you felt Levi's hand at the small of your back and it took all of you not to snap at him for touching you there. It was one thing to guide you in with linked arms, but it was another thing entirely to have him place an arm around you in a relatively intimate way.

"Welcome, to our beautiful country, Serendair, Miss (L/n)," said the king warmly. "And it is not often we have such lovely young women join us here on the behalf of my son."

You smiled politely at him but weren't sure if you should reply. Levi quickly pinched you lightly in the side, hidden from the king and queen, and you flinched. Now you knew why he was touching you.

"Thank you very much for allowing me to spend my summer here, your highness. It truly is a stunning land to behold," you replied, lowering your head once more in reverence. You mustered up all the politeness you had. "I am indebted to your hospitality and I thank you for your compliment of my appearance. Prince Levi should take the credit for that though."