The Lyricist: Big Break

AN: yes, yes...I know its not an update to any previous oneshots, and for that, i apologize. lolol I recently quit my job, for reasons I will not share because you're not here to read about why I chose to quit it haha sooo, I'll just finish up by saying that it has been really good for me though, as far as writing goes. For now, I will attempt to pump out updates. No guarantees. I've got quite a bit going on. Thank you everyone for all the love and support!

Still major writer's block on Phantoms and Angels. I keep putting it off. Anyways, inspired by the music video cross over with Shinhwa's This Love. I don't know I was watching it and BAM! inspiration. Enjoy!

Edit: LOL as per usual with my writing, I can't keep things short and then plot ideas begin swirling. SO this is yet another mini-series, like Scout Design, Phantoms and Angels, and Worlds Apart. whoops...I need to learn to write short stories better.

Part One

***************************************************

"Honestly, what is with you and this boy band lately? You've been obsessing over them for months now," you said with a heavy sigh. You were completely apathetic that you were front row and center with your roommate at a concert that apparently sold out its tickets within the first five minutes of being available for purchase. At least, that's what Mikasa said when she invited you to go with her for free. Mikasa was a bit weird, she generally did not care too much about anything, but for whatever reason that you could not seem to gather, she was literally in love with one of the members of this group.

You weren't exactly sure how she managed to snag such good seats but you weren't really going to pry about it. You sincerely considered that she could have done something illegal because that's how much she was into this group.

"I'm not obsessing. I just...like their music," your friend replied blandly. You made a skeptical look at her and she brushed you off. In the car on the way to the arena, she made you listen to all their songs, all four albums, so you could at least recognize them during the concert. The music type didn't fit her usual interest; it was far too upbeat and even fluffy for you to see her actively listening to it day in and day out. Yet...she was.

Of course, you knew Mikasa just had a big crush on the youngest band member, since his face was plastered on everything she owned. Her cellphone wallpapers, her laptop background, the walls in her room. There was even one in your shared bathroom and in her car. It was a little out of hand but you have never seen her care about anything so much so you did not have the heart to tell her to calm down.

You didn't think their music was bad, not by a long shot. Some of their lyrics were actually quite moving, but you honestly did not think their music warranted such high regards. You assumed it was just because the group itself was apparently full of good-looking men, young and older. Mikasa only had pictures of one guy, who looked around her age, since you were a bit older than her, so you honestly had no idea what the other guys looked like. However, she did mention that this group had men in it that were, what you considered, to be a bit old for boy band material.

Concert goers were starting to pile into the arena and the noise level was steadily growing. You were completely baffled as to how this group sold out sixty thousand seats in under ten minutes, without even any opening acts either. This group was so popular that they were allowed to play for nearly three hours straight...which is simply unheard of. How have you not even heard of this band until Mikasa showed you them?

"What the heck is their name again?" you asked, returning your attention to the stage that was practically within arm's length.

Mikasa let out an impatient sigh beside you. "I've told you a dozen times already and I do not understand how you don't know them," she replied. "You're in this industry, aren't you?"