Worlds Apart: Emotions

Author's note: Hi there. Yes, it's been over a year since I updated. Why am I bothering to update this at all? I don't know. I missed writing, even though I'm not particularly keen on writing for this series or book anymore. I like Levi still, but I'm just meh about SnK. But I wanted to write so badly again that I thought I would dust off my skills with this chapter. So with that being said, this chapter will probably suck since I haven't written anything in a long time. Life happens guys...I'm old. Well...I'm only 27, but I'm feeling pretty old lately.

I don't know when this will be updated again. I can't really guarantee that it will be but I wanted to cultivate my writing skills again and try to inspire myself. Thank you for those who have read this far and enjoyed. I appreciate all the support I've received. 

Again, I have not read the manga. I have not seen any of season 2 or 3. Yeah, I know. That's how much time I've got to myself these days. Levi is very OOC because I suck at writing right now and I can't quite keep him in character this far into the story. so call it...character development. I don't know. Also I could not be bothered to recap for y'all. sorryyy. Love you guys. xoxo

***

It had been two days since your date to the Sky Lantern Festival with Levi and just as you had assumed, you had not seen him since. It was to be expected; he was a busy man after all, but if you were honest with yourself, there was a small part of you that wished you had more opportunities to see him.

That night had been one of the most memorable nights with him, save for the first time you met him at the Peace Ball. In the overall little amount of time you've spent with him, you knew him only as an ill-mannered yet ambitious man with an amount of class you were unable to achieve yourself. However, the night of the festival, you were privy to a completely different side to him, one that you were sure not many were privileged to see.

Presently, you were relaxing out on one of the many balconies of the Citadel, scrolling through Twitter's trending page idly. You were unsurprised to find a trending hashtag that pertained to yours and Levi's date from the other night. It had already been two days since and the internet was still fascinated with you as a pair. In fact, a few of your friends from your home country had even linked you to various fan art of you and Levi on the ferris wheel. In a short span of time, you had become somewhat of an internet celebrity and you had no idea how to process it.

You let out a sharp exhale, pulling your eyes away from the various tweets questioning who you were to him among others that were declaring their support for your supposed future union to Prince Levi. Ever since the charity ball Serendair had hosted, you did your best to avoid any and all social media unless you were particularly bored. You had to put your Twitter and Instagram account on private because all the mentions and DMs prior to it were crashing your phone.

Standing up to stretch your legs, you let your eyes linger in the direction of the lake, though your mind trailed off to other things.

It turned out that Cristoph had sent military personnel to the festival that night to keep an eye on the prince. The butler himself accompanied them and once he had been aware of what Levi's intentions were, Cristoph had told you that he maintained a safe distance with the royal military police. While he had been a bit disappointed that you had not answered his calls, he knew that the prince's forceful personality probably hindered you to do so.

"His Highness seemed to have been enjoying himself," Cristoph had said to you privately the next day. He had stopped by your room, per your request so as to give Sasha a day to sleep in. "It did not have it in my heart to interrupt. It is not often he is able to have personal time."

You had smiled up at him, grateful that he had allowed you and Levi to a peaceful festival.

"...although, the king was not particularly happy to have learned that the Crown Prince had eluded his duties," the butler added offhandedly, "but there was little I could do. When Prince Levi wants something, he takes it, or in this case, does whatever he wishes."