The Lake House

Author's note: Heeyy.... I know, I know. It's been over a month since I last updated. I'm sorry for that.

To keep this short, I've been so fricken busy with work that I haven't really even been online at all, other to reply to some of you

To keep this short, I've been so fricken busy with work that I haven't really even been online at all, other to reply to some of you. Honestly, I hardly even talk to anyone at all even IRL. BUSY BUSY BUSY!!! ASDKFJSKDF So, I wrote this drabble to tie you all over until I can find the time and motivation to write for my other parts. I'm sorry I suck balls. I should go to bed now. 

Ridiculously OOC Levi; I don't care. Please don't kill me as I find flirty Levi insanely attractive. a;sdklfj whatever, this is a crap drabble. I also did not edit this and jad; lkfja;sdklf omfg it's really shitty k bye

ALSO THIS BOOK JUST HIT 8K VOTES! THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL THE LOVE AND SUPPORT. I HAD NEVER EXPECTED THIS TO DO SO WELL.

 I HAD NEVER EXPECTED THIS TO DO SO WELL

***

Eleven years.

That's how long it had been since you've seen this lakeside house.

As a child, your parents would take you and your siblings to this little, rural community by the lake for summer vacations every year until you were too old and uninterested. They had previously owned a lake house here, which had recently been passed on to you because your parents were growing a little too old to manage it. Your brothers weren't particularly happy about this, but you were viewed as the more responsible one of the kids and your parents would not change their minds.

Eleven years had passed before you finally made the trip back for a small vacation of your own. You had worked your tail off for the last year and upon review, received a promotion from your job. In celebration, you decided to take a little time off for yourself.

Back then, before all the technological advances of cell phones, Internet, computers, and beyond, you and your older brothers would play outside in the dirt and along the banks of the lake. There were too many instances to count when you would come back inside covered in grime and dust. You remembered how you used to roll around in the grass and playing hide and seek in the trees. You remembered how clean the air seemed to smell here, how clear the water was.