Worlds Apart: Intentions

Author's note: uhh...hi lmao. Yes, this is an update. Don't count on consistency though. Idk if I really want to update anything anymore but since I had time and inspiration, I thought why not? loool tbh I don't even know if this is any good or if it's in character or whatever. but it is what it is.

A very warm thank you to those who have been with me since the very beginning. Thank you to everyone else who has written kind things as well.

***

There was a light breeze; it was crisp enough to stir you awake from the depths of your warm bed but gentle enough not to jolt you outright. After a moment of deep breathing and letting your mind wander, you opened your eyes to be met with the familiar room you'd been residing in for the last month.

With a yawn, you stretched out your arms and sat up, attempting to rub the sleep from your eyes. Your drowsy gaze drifted over the lavish room mindlessly for a few moments, barely focusing on anything of note, before you finally decided to get out of bed.

You glanced at the clock on the nightstand beside you.

Sasha would be here shortly, as she appeared at your room at around ten in the morning, just to make sure you don't sleep in too late; not that you ever did. Your personal maid usually came with breakfast in tow and would update you on any castle affairs for the day, though it rarely ever had anything to do with you.

I should call my parents later, you thought idly as you made your way to the bathroom. You went for the sink to wash your face when you caught your own glance and your hands balked at the handle to turn on the water.

At the sight of your own lips, flashes of the night prior finally crested over you; remembering what had transpired caused a deep blush to bloom in your cheeks. Even alone, you buried your face in your hands, shaking your head as if to brush off a bad dream. Just looking at your own reflection was causing butterflies to fill your stomach.

Despite the embarrassment, you were smiling to yourself but you refused to look at your reflection in the mirror.

You had spent much of the previous night cuddling the prince under the stars and light of the moon.

Initially, you were uncomfortable with the idea of being so physically close to Levi. It was far beyond the line of a friendship and deep into the territory of intimacy between two lovers. In that moment, you were not entirely sure where your own feelings stood for the prince, let alone what he felt for you. Prior to last night, very few things have passed to indicate that he held any sort of romantic interest in you; in fact, nearly all your interactions before seemed to imply the opposite.

Yet...you weren't an idiot either.

You had been enough relationships and had had enough crushes to know what was beginning to transpire between you and Levi. However, since this involved a prince and you, a commoner, you were questioning every possible action and expression between you two. The circumstances were vastly different from that of any previous relationship you've had before.

Despite all that, your emotions ran away with themselves and you allowed yourself to follow Levi's lead.

You knew full well it would complicate where you stood in your friendship but in that moment, you resolved to just let the situation play out and deal with the repercussions later. Seeing how indifferent the prince was to the leading implications allowed you to put your anxieties aside.

So, after a few minutes, you let yourself enjoy the company and relax; you did not want to ruin a moment as precious as it was, nor the feelings it was giving you, regardless if they were addressed or not. Lying there together in one another's arms was surprisingly peaceful that you had felt comfortable enough to fall asleep for some time before Levi roused you.