Worlds Apart: Flattery

Author's Note: Welp, you guys voted and WA was the winner. Well, at least it was when I started writing. Now Scout Design is actually the winner but I will update that one next. Uhm, slight OOC Levi for my own enjoyment (he always is in this series, whoops). This chapter is relatively slow going but I didn't want to make it super long (it's 6000 words as it is). I probably should have just made this into its own book. I'm sorry it's boring, please don't hurt me. Also, I did a quick (crappy) recap for you guys so you remember what's been going on since the last time I updated this series has been a while. Anyways, enjoy Price Levi being annoying lol kthanksbai

Part One: You are just a normal, middle-class college student who, by some miracle, was invited to attend a lavish ball that the world's top 1% attended. Wealth, beauty, refinement, and pretentious aristocracy surrounded you and you instantly realized that this world was not like your own. By a strange twist of fate, you were very abruptly invited to a marriage interview with Prince Levi of Serendair, the emotionless prince. Your personality intrigued him; you were not like the other women he had met before because you simply were not interested in marrying someone you didn't know or for material gain. Even still, you two bonded over your day long "interview," and you realized there is much more than meets the eye with the prince. However, after that day, three months roll by without so much as a word from him and you assumed that he had forgotten all about you. You were wrong; one informative phone call later, you found out he paid for the rest of your college and your living expenses in an act of kindness and had plans to see you again.

Part Two: True to his word, you meet Levi again, earnestly thanking him for taking care of your financial struggles. You wanted to somehow return the favor, in any way possible, aside from marrying him. Prince Levi divulges that his father, the king, is dying of cancer and the prince needed to find a suitable bride quickly. He believes you would be a good fit, as you both share the same morals and value many of the similar things. Levi makes it clear to you, however, that he holds no feelings for you, despite an offer of marriage. He extends a surprising invitation; join him in his kingdom for your summer break so that you may get to know each other better. At first, you want to refuse but curiosity gets the better of you. How could you refuse an all expenses paid trip to such a beautiful country? And stunning it was. The Citadel was vast and that of fantasy books; you could hardly believe you'd be spending all summer among royalty.

Part Three:Upon arrival, you were whisked off almost immediately to meet Prince Levi's father and stepmother. You had no idea what to expect, as you've never dealt with royalty before. The king was kindly and regal. The queen, however, made it clear that she did not like you and wanted you out of her castle. The Queen of Serendair, as you found out, was attempting to force an engagement of her niece, Petra, on the prince. You are unsure as to what the queen's motivations are for this, but you assume there are several factors hidden from your knowledge. However, Levi  is not fond of this idea, for various reasons. Unable to control your temper, you push back against the queen as she insults you. The absurdity of her callous and rude personality angered you and you defended yourself as politely as you could. After this meeting though, Levi avoids you for a few days and you don't know why. As you wonder why out in the courtyard, he appears. He was impressed with your bravery against his stepmother and invites you to a charity ball the next day.

And so, your journey among the wealthy continues...

Part Four

***

"One, two, three. One two three-" Cristoph's pleasant voice stopped just as you tripped over his feet for the fourth time. "Again, Miss (F/n)."

You let out a heavy sigh and released your hold on the prince's butler. "I can't do this," you said while wiping some beading sweat from your forehead. "There is no way I'm going to learn this in time!"