Worlds Apart: The Interview

AN: so I know I said I would post phantoms and angels part 3 after Scout Design BUT DUE TO THE FACT THAT A NEW OTOME GAME CAME OUT WITH THE SNK MEN AS DATEABLE PRINCES, I simply had to do a Prince Levi AU. phantoms and angels will be the next one. I promise.

Also small plot points borrowed as ideas from Voltage Inc. but not the same. And the image used is in fact from the demo game (Edit: LOL JK. I TOOK IT OFF LIKE A YEAR LATER. OH WELL) And Levi is slightly OOC, for various reasons, plus this one shot will be quite long because I doubt I'll make it into any more parts after this. (Edit: LOL IT'S ALREADY AT SIX PARTS) Not sure yet.

Edit: .................I think I need to make this into two parts. I'm so sorry guys but all my ideas require so much plot and yeaaaaaaaaah. enjoy though!

********************************

"Wait....what?"

You stood frozen at the entry way of your apartment, slackjawed and confused. There was a man standing outside in the hallway, fist over his heart as if to salute you, and wearing an outfit much like a tuxedo but far more refined. Of course, you had seen him briefly before, but you had never expected to see this man again, especially not so soon.

"I understand this could be quite strange and very sudden to you, Miss (f/n)," said the man in a reverent tone. "However, I am perfectly serious. Your presence is being personally requested by His Highness back at Castle Michel."

You furrowed your brow while trying to form your thoughts into words. "It was by fluke alone that I even attended last night's ball," you said quickly before realizing that your answer didn't follow his statement. "I shouldn't have even been there! I understand that there is the tradition to keep to, but honestly, who really would keep to that since I'm just a regular citizen? Please, Mr. Cristoph..."

"You can spare the formalities with me. I am merely a butler, so please, call me Cristoph," he explained, relaxing from his salute. He still, however, looked as regal as ever. You bit your tongue, trying not to snap at him for ignoring your plea; you knew he was just doing his job.

You had half a mind to invite him in to be polite, but he appeared hard pressed for time. "I have class at two. I can't just..." you trailed off, still bewildered. "I can't blow my presentation off."

Cristoph smiled slightly. "I understand Prince Armin invited you as a formality of tradition to his kingdom, but His Highness, Prince Levi has requested to see you." Again, he ignored you and his statement barely made sense. "I will personally see to it that your professor understands the situation and ensure you maintain your grades."

"You're really not giving me much of a choice, are you?" you huffed.

Cristoph lowered his head politely. "If you are truly adamant about not seeing Prince Levi, I shall inform him immediately. He had cleared his schedule for the day in order to spend it with you."

The butler pulled out a slim and simple cell phone. "No, no, no!" you cried, waving your hands furiously in front of you. "I'll go! I-I'll see him! Just...just give me a couple minutes to get dressed. I'm still in my pajamas."

"Of course, m'lady. I will be waiting outside in the car for you."

You shut the door, slightly more forcefully than you intended to hurry and get dressed. You knew you would be incredibly rude to turn down an invitation from a prince, no matter what other priorities you had. Especially not Prince Levi, for various reasons.

Ugh, just how am I supposed to make up the presentation? I hope he'll be lenient, you thought as you raced to find something suitable to wear.