Chapter 46

"I'm just trying to help you.", I urged. Matt's shaking finger quivered over the trigger and his eyes were full of pain.

"I don't want your help.", he screamed at me, shaking the gun. His voice was scratchy as if he had been screaming.

"Just put the gun down, don't do this, Matt."

He stared at me, and then shut his eyelids, pushing the tip of the gun farther into his skull. His finger moved closer to the trigger and he squeezed his eyelids preparing for the end.

"Don't!", I screamed shielding myself with my wings. Just like the dream, there was no shot and just like the dream, I heard footsteps and looked up to see Seth walking down the alley.

Moving my gaze back to Matt, his gun was lifted from his head and pointed at Seth. I rose to my feet, putting my arms out in front of me, the cast making my arm heavy.

"Hey, hey, hey.", I begged, "Put the gun down." Matt didn't shift his gaze off of Seth and his arm had stopped shaking. Seth was frozen in his tracks, trembling as he stared down the barrel of the gun.

"You did this.", Matt finally said, gesturing his gun towards Seth. "You got me kicked out of Greymoore.", he sighed angrily, "You got me kicked out of my house."

"We didn't intend for that to happen, Matt.", I reassured as calmly as I could. "I mean you're the one who punch me in the face." I knew I crossed a line. Matt spun around sharply, pointing the gun back at me.

"Shut up!", he shrieked. "Shut the fuck up."

I carefully made eye contact with Seth and nodded my head to say "Run." but Seth stayed there as if forced with magnets. Matt caught on and swung the gun back towards Seth's fragile, shaking body.

"No. No. No.", I pleaded. "Don't shoot him." I paused, breathing in and out.

"Shoot me."