Chapter 5

"Where did you go?", Seth questioned, with concern. He sat up on his bed with a novel spread open using his thumb and pinky finger.

I ignored him again.

"Okay then...", he muttered, flipping the page of his book.

I walked towards my bed and zipped open my backpack. Rifling through it, I finally pulled out a white v-neck.

"What happened to your back?", Seth cried, dramatically. I glued my eyes to my bag, trying not to look suspicious.

"Just what I need," I thought to myself silently. "Someone finding out about me." I finally got up from my bed and turned to him for a split - second.

"Nothing.", I replied coldly as I whipped around and headed towards the bathroom.

I got in and locked the door behind me. I tugged my shirt off, throwing it onto the bathroom floor. Turning, I strained my head to examine my cuts in the mirror  behind me.

They were deep, blood dripping down my back. I noticed the redness of my skin and the darkness of my blood. I reached my hand across my back, grazing the wound with my fingertips. I winced as my fingers crossed over the ridged cuts that were nearly a foot long.

"Of course I brought a white shirt.", I complained, poking my head through the hole of my shirt. I felt my cuts rip as I stretched my arms into the v-neck way too impatiently. Pulling the bottom of the shirt over my torso, I launched my torn, bloody, shirt into the trash bin next to the sink.

As I exited, I halted abruptly to find Seth waiting not a foot from the door of the bathroom.

"Yes...?", I inquired rudely. "Can I help you?" Seth's eyes stared past me in awe.

I whipped my head around, following Seth's gaze to the mirror behind me.

"Damn it.", I thought, silently.