Chapter 4

As gravity ripped me through the air I felt numb. My eyes were fixed on a single spot where the blue sky peaked out between a mountain of clouds.

Realizing I was just about to hit the ground, I unfurled my wings which jolted me upwards giving me whiplash.

I must have dropped all the way down to the second floor of the college. I swiftly darted upwards toward the clouds, grinning as I felt the wind wrap around each feather of my ebony wings.

I soared past the college roof and tore through the clouded sky. Above the clouds, I dove downwards, tucking my wings against my shoulder blades.

Once again, I let myself fall, until the roof became closer and closer. I extended my wings for the second time and landed on the rooftop in squat position.

Straightening up, my wings returned into the pockets inside my back just under my shoulder blades. I winced as I felt the slits where my wings tore through and returned back.

The same gashes had been torn open and healed again so many times that I lost count.

"Well there's another t-shirt ruined.", I grumbled, examining the two slits on the back of my black v-neck.

"Whatever.",I said, walking towards the doors. "It was so worth it."