Chapter 17

"Kai!"

My eyes flew open and I saw Seth's familiar face hovered over me. Sweat poured down my forehead and my chest was tight, my lungs struggling to fill with air. My eyes were damp and I realized they were tears.

"Are you okay? ", Seth begged, looking concerned once again. I surveyed my surroundings and I was back in our dorm, in my bed, safe and sound. As if reading my mind, Seth whispered softly, "Kai...you're safe now."

My heart beat slowed as I listened to Seth's voice and I managed to sit up. Seth's gaze looked as if he was used to this and even though it had only been one day, I wouldn't be surprised if he was.

I rubbed my eyes trying to rid myself of the memory of the crash but it felt impossible. When I opened them once again I was relieved to see Seth's face smiling back at me.

"Sor...", I started to say, thankful that I could hear the sound of my voice, then realized what Seth had said to me the night before.

"Are you okay?", Seth repeated apprehensively. I hesitated asking myself the same question.

"I don't know.", I replied honestly. Seth rested his soft hand on mine and pulled it back as they touched. His eyes gazed past me at my alarm clock. I followed and saw the numbers that flashed red on the screen. It read 8:30 am.

"You should get going.", I coaxed. Seth began to get up from the bed and then paused. His eyes made my heart skip a beat.

"You are coming, right?", he questioned, tilting his head ever so slightly. I thought about it for a while. With all that had happened I hadn't even gone to my classes yesterday. In fact, I didn't even know what my classes were.

The truth was, when I had applied for college, I kind of pulled some strings to get me in. It didn't matter what classes I got, as long as I could try and be normal again and it was nice to have a place to live. Money wasn't an issue either. Thanks scientists. Well, that's the least they could do for making me like this.

"Yeah, I'm coming.", I breathed after a while. After comparing time tables, I found out what classes I had and I even had a class with Seth. My first class was English, then science (ironic, I know), and lastly was psychology with Seth.

Seth and I walked to class together and met up for lunch later. But I couldn't stop thinking about my dream, the cars, the people. I wondered if it was like my last "dream" or if this time it really was a dream. It just seemed so real, I had never had a dream so vivid before.

After classes, I was exhausted. I lay in my bed, my arms folded under my head. Seth looked pretty tired too but he sat there with his novel spread between his fingers, eyes glued to the pages.

"Hey, Seth.", I heard from the door of our dorm. The door slammed against the wall revealing a large boy who stood in the doorway, glaring at my roommate like Seth was a fresh steak and he, the hungry pitbull.