Chapter 44

"How could you say that?", I cried, "I'm a monster!" Seth's face got red as he stood up abruptly.

"You're NOT a monster, Kai!", he shouted. "Don't say that." I stood up too, now crying, tears falling down my skin.

"I am. I'm a monster. I'm a worthless monster. And I'm gonna hurt you, Seth. I already have. All I do is hurt you. I don't deserve you.", I wiped my eyes and went to the closet, stuffing clothes into my backpack. Seth grabbed my arm and jerked it so I turned towards him.

"Where did you ever get the idea that you are worthless!", he yelled, tears in his eyes. "You haven't hurt me, Kai. You have been the best thing that has ever happened to me." I looked down in shame and he lifted my chin once again.

"Listen to me.", Seth demanded. "I love you, okay?" Surprised and scared I pulled away from him.

"How can you love a mutant?", I said in disgust of myself. "You're going to get hurt, all I do is hurt people."

"You didn't hurt that girl from the fire.", he insisted. "You didn't hurt me." Seth came closer and I pushed him away abruptly. He stumbled back against the wall.

"I'm not good for you.", I said. "I won't let you love me." Seth stood back up and brushed passed me, heading for the door. He turned to look at me one last time.

"You're right.", he stated. "You are no good for me. I got enough abuse from my father." And with that he left.