Chapter 25

"You know,", Seth babbled as I hoisted him off the floor. "You're a great kisser.", he blurted. I grinned, feeling myself blush.

"Oh yeah?", I giggled, dragging him out of the room. His head turned towards me and he looked pleased with himself.

"Yeah.", he confirmed. "Just enough tongue." I spat with laughter, almost dropping him in the doorway. His body was like a heavy rag doll and my arms were growing weak. I hauled him as far as I could go and practically threw him onto my bed which was closest to the bathroom.

His body took up the majority of the bed and his head lay just below the pillows. I moved to the other side of he bed and propped his head up to slip a pillow under it. Realizing that he was on top of the blankets and not wanting to move him, I tugged the quilt off of Seth's bed, draping it over his body.

Pulling the covers up to his neck, I kissed him on the forehead and he smiled opening his eyes one last time.

"I love you.", he blurted out and I put my hand to my mouth, trying to hide my laughter. I combed my hand through his chestnut hair.

"Goodnight, Seth." The corners of his mouth lifted slightly and then descended again, his face going slack. I walked to the fridge and grabbed a glass from the cupboard, filling it with water. I placed it on my night table and turned out the lamp beside Seth's head, making my way to Seth's bed.

I collapsed upon it, tired from hoisting Seth's limp body across the dorm. I crossed my arms behind my head and rested my eyes, replaying the day in my head. It was a disaster. But it was an amazing disaster.

I wanted to know what Seth was going through and I wanted to be there for him as much as he was for me. I could tell he was hurting but I didn't want to pry. Seth was very intriguing and very mysterious. I repeated his words I love you in my head even though I knew he had only said it because of his alcoholic state. My mind drifted and my eyes grew heavier until I glided into sleep.