Chapter 29

Just as I had imagined, the car was headed straight for me and my instincts kicked in as I jumped out of the way just in time for the truck to barrel into the spot I was standing in. I hit the ground, rolling into the shoulder at the side of the road and the truck zoomed by.

Regaining my balance, I remembered the crash but it was too late. As I turned towards the truck, I witnessed the tiny car as it smashed into the shoulder just like in the dream. The truck flew into the air in perfect sequence and hit the ground with a crash.

I bolted up the road and as I remembered the discarded door that had laid in the middle of the road in my dream, my foot caught on it and I tumbled forwards. I put my arms in front of me to catch my fall and my arm reached the ground with a crack, as the bone ripped through the skin of my arm.

Unlike the dream, I screamed in pain as blood dripped down my arm, creating a puddle on the cement. Determination and adrenaline taking over, I stood to my feet, sprinting towards the wreckage.

Hoping my dream wasn't true, I ran towards the car, instantly pulling at the door handle. "Shit!", I screamed as it jammed like before. I spun around, making my way to the truck, remebering the dead man that had laid on the road far away from his vehicle in my dream.

I reached him, checking for his pulse and to my surprise, the drunken man was breathing. I checked his pockets for a cellphone and thanked the world as I flipped it opened, dialing 911.