Chapter 40

After a few days in the hospital, recuperating, I was finally discharged. I entered our dorm room which felt empty yet suffocating, with a cast from my wrist to the spot above my elbow and a sling that wrapped around my shoulder. Seth guided me to my bed and propped me up with pillows.

"Is that ok?", he asked. "Do you need more pillows?" Without letting me answer, Seth zoomed passed me, stealing the pillows off of his bed and shoving them behind my back.

As he stood up again, I grabbed his arm, tugging it until he sat down on the mattress beside me.

"I'm ok.", I whispered. "You don't have to worry anymore." His shoulders lowered, his eyelids relaxed, and I could almost hear a breath of relief come from his mouth.

I reached for his hand again and it's familiar warmth sent shivers down my spine. Seth grinned and it was the first time I had seen him smile since the crash.

I looked into his eyes and the corners of my mouth turned up uncontrollably. Seth leaned in and out lips were together once again. Time was infinite and my whole body tingled. With one hand on my face, his other met my hair, brushing through it and for the first time, I felt safe.

My free hand slid under his shirt and up his back and I felt each rib until I ran into his shoulder blade. Our lips split apart for a second and Seth smiled, the biggest I had ever seen.

"You're beautiful.", he breathed. My cheeks flushed with heat and I grinned.

"You gotta stop doing that." I ordered.

"Doing what?", he asked nervously.

Leaning into his sweet lips, I whispered, "Saying things that make me wanna kiss you."

We kissed again and I knew that I had to save this boy, just as he has saved me.