Chapter 37

Matt stomped towards me and I flinched as he raised a fist in front of my head. He punched through my head and I felt nothing. His fist banged against the street light pole behind me and he winced, clutching his injured hand. He shook it vigorously as if trying to shake the pain away and blood dripped down his fingers.

With this, the angry giant began to cry. It was like nothing I had seen before. He fell against the pole and for a second, I felt bad for him. His face turned towards me, and I saw another bruised that wrapped around his eye. "I didn't do that.", I thought curiously, examining the purple bruise.

Suddenly, Matt's phone chimed. He wiped the tears from his bruised face and retrieved the phone from his pocket. He cleared his throat before answering.

"Hello?", he asked, "Oh. Hey, Dad." Matt paced back in forth and I heard his dads angry voice through the phone. "I know.", Matt said. "I'm sorry." Matt looked up at the top of the building, shielding his eyes from the sun wig his bloody hand.

"I tried.", he yelled, people staring around him. "They said they won't let me back in."

"Because you fucking assaulted someone, you worthless fuck up!", his dad blasted from the other end of the phone call. Matt began crying again but this time it was silent.

"I know, Dad.", he croaked, "I'm sorry."

"NO!", his dad screamed. "I want you out. Pack your stuff and don't come back. You're a disappointment and a failure." Matt's body was now shaking as he begged his dad's forgiveness and mercy. The line buzzed and his dad had hung up.

"Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, piece of shit.", he repeated through tears and I wasn't sure if he was referring to his father or himself.

Matt paused as if he had an idea. He wiped his tears once again, stood up straight, took a deep breath, and walked down the street.

"Where are you going now?", I thought and I followed him.