Chapter Sixty

Samara's P.O.V.

It's been 3 days since Harris left for New York and he still hasn't called.

He said he'd call when he landed. He can't have been lying? Could he?

It wasn't like him to not contact me after he had promised to do so. Something was definitely wrong.

But what?

I decided to go to his shop and see if he left it to someone to take care of. I could ask them if they had any clue where he was at the moment.

I slipped on my shoes and left the house. As I reached the street where his shop was I noticed a middle aged couple looking at the closed shutters of his shop. I approached them and smiled.

"Do you know who works here?" I asked.

"Our nephew, Harris." The woman replied bluntly.

"Harris?" I said, "He's moved to New York hasn't he?"

"What are you talking about crazy girl?" Her husband replied with a weird look. "How do you even know him?"

"We became friends some time ago actually, he texted me the other day saying that he's leaving for America."

The couple looked at each other in bewilderment.

"We had no clue." He said after a long pause.

"Maybe his parents know and haven't told you yet."

"Dimwit, his parents died a long time ago, he's under our care now. What type of friend is he if he couldn't even tell you that?" He snickered.

I stared at them shocked.

Harris never told me his parents had passed away. My heart felt heavy and I swallowed a lump in my throat.

"Do you know where he is then Missy?" The woman asked impatiently. "I'm surprised he could even afford to go there, that cheap prick. Trying to runaway from us is it?"

"Why are you so rude? He's your nephew."

"Did we ask his parents to die and leave him with us?"

Disgust filled my heart at their heart breaking words.

"I'm not surprised he's left you. If I was him, I would've done the same." And with that I walked away.

So many questions swam around in my head. Did he only move because of them?

Was he going to even call me?

You know what, fuck his aunt and uncle. I hope he's happy wherever he is right now.

Maybe I wasn't important enough for him either.

Hamdan's P.O.V

"Are you going to wake up now?" Inayah asked prodding me with her fingers. "It's half 8, you're gonna be late for work."

"Mmm I'm awake." I groaned continuing to bury my head deeper inside the pillow.

"Okay sleep. Don't go to work and don't blame anyone if your boss doesn't let you take days off for the holiday. You've already missed so many days." And with that she stomped off into the other room.

I forced my eyes open and rolled off the bed. I slept at like 6 o'clock and now I felt so dead. I went to freshen up and got changed into a formal beige shirt, black tie, oak-coloured trousers and black shoes. As I was finally brushing my hair Inayah walked into the room with a tray of breakfast.

"Oooh lucky me." I exclaimed. 

"It's because you're late actually." She said rolling her eyes.