Chapter Forty

Inayah's P.O.V.

We ended up sleeping at 4am and waking up at 1 in the afternoon. I slept beside Rumena and both the mums; Hamdan and Tauhid were in the living room and the dads' were in the guest room.

We decided to go out to the park for some fresh air and prepared a mini picnic to feast on.

Rumena and the mums helped organise the food while Hamdan and I went up to the attic to look for the picnic blanket.

"There it is!" I pointed at a purple blanket which was folded ontop of a dusty cupboard.

I stretched out my hands and stood on my tiptoes and attempted to get the blanket.

I tried and tried and suddenly I was magically lifted into the air and I took my chance and grabbed it. I looked down and saw Hamdan holding me up. Immediately I realised our positions and blushed bright red and forced him to put me down.

He scratched his head and blushed too.

With the blanket in my hand, I quickly made an exit and scrambled out. Rumena was waiting downstairs for us and I handed her the picnic blanket.

"Where's Hamdan?" She asked

"Uh he's coming." I replied smiling.

Just then Hamdan popped up and put his arms around Rumena's shoulders.

"Let's go!" He said excitedly.

We all nodded and headed out the door. The park was closed so we decided to walk for some fresh air and exercise.

I always caught Hamdan looking at me with awed eyes. I smiled awkwardly and he shook his head, smiled, and turned away.

We found a good spot and settled down on the blanket.

"I'm so hungry let's eat." Hamdan's dad groaned.

"When are you never hungry Dad?" Rumena teased.

"Yeah, I'm always hungry aren't I?" He replied casually.

I took out the packets of food and handed everything out.

*********

Everyone was eating and stuffing their faces with food in silence. All you could hear was the munching of food and the distant laughs from the playground.

Hamdan stood up.

"Come on people. Let's go on the swings."

"You're such a kid." Scoffed Rumena.

"Shut up Grandma." Replied Hamdan and began walking towards the playground.

We all decided to follow as we had ate almost everything.

Hamdan ran onto the round about and he really looked like a little kid.

He grabbed Rumenas arm and forced her to come too.

With enough begging, She finally jumped onto the ride and after a couple of seconds later she too started screaming like a small child. They were both acting so childish.

Soon it was getting cold so we all decided it was best to head home.

On the way Hamdan kept giving me these weird looks and blushed tomato red when he realised I was looking at him.

He gave an awkward laugh and scratched the back of his head.

Rumena's  P.O.V.

Hamdan is such an idiot - but I still love him.

He made my throat soar by making me scream my head off.

We were heading back home with the mums and dads in one car and Tauhid, Inayah, Hamdan and I in another. 

I stared out of the car and thought I saw Aaron standing outside JD. I told Tauhid and he stared at them with his mouth opening and closing with no sound coming out.

 Hamdan turned his head too and stopped the car immediately. Surprised, we all headed out of the mercedes and headed straight towards him. 

Hamdan's face was raging with anger and he gripped Inayah's hand tightly close to him. I knew that if Hamdan hit him the police would have to get involved.

'Hamdan. I don't think it's a good idea to hit him or hurt him in any way...' I said with a worried look pasted on my face.

He stopped walking and scrutinized as if I was a mad woman.

'Do you think that I'll leave him after he hurt my wife?' He barked at me and I looked down at my feet which were fidgeting.

'No one messes with me or any of my family and if they do they'll regret it.' And he turned back to continue walking towards him. But he vanished.

____________________________
100000 years later!!!

It was such a short chapter compared to how long I took to update. Sorry guys!! I keep continuing my writing like every 3 weeks hence the poor quality. As I have told you all already, my updates will be slow but I hope you enjoy them when I do publish❤

Anyways!!

What is Aaron doing alone?

Where did he disappear?

Comment

Vote

Share