Chapter Fifty Six

Samara's P.O.V.

I sat in the hospital waiting room as Hamdan impatiently walked back and forth.

"Sit down Hamdan." Tauhid said and patted the chair beside him.

He simply shook his head and continued to walk.

He wasn't thinking straight, 3 whole days had passed and he hadn't eating anything.

"You can meet her now." A nurse said popping her head through the door.

Hamdan's face lit up and he raced down to her ward.

Beckville Ward. Bed 17.

Hamdan's P.O.V.

"How are you feeling now?" I asked her as I stroked her hair.

"Better." She managed to breath and forced a smile.

She looked horrible. Her eyes were blood red, her hair was tangled in knots and her face was scarred and bandaged.

I breathed in trying to hold back my tears. I couldn't see her like this.

I held her hand and squeezed it tightly,

"You'll be perfectly fine." I said leaning in and kissing her forehead.

She sighed.

"I want to go home."

"You will Inayah, very soon." I reassured her.

Her eyes wandered over to something behind me, I turned around and saw Samara standing there with a rose bouquet in her hands and tears rolling down her eyes.

"My favourite, roses." Inayah beckoned her over and Samara handed her the flowers.

"You're a strong girl. I love you so much, just get well soon sis." She said as her voice began to break. She took a deep breath in and smiled at her older sister.

"You emotional pigs." 

Samara and I both raised our eyebrows at the foul language coming out of this woman's mouth.

"Uh for your information Inayah this is a way of expressing our love for you." Samara claimed kissing her teeth.

At that moment I really didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

We all cracked up until Inayah clasped her chest and began coughing vigourously.

I held her up and the coughing slowly died down.

Her face was bright red and I could see the pain in her eyes.

"You definitely need rest, we need you better as soon as possible. Now, go to sleep and when you wake up we'll still be here if you need anything."

She nodded, and turning her head to the side she closed her eyes.

Samara and I exited the room and went back to the waiting room. The rest of the family were waiting there as only 2 per bed were allowed.

Mum and Dad stood up to go to her bed but I told them that she had fallen asleep and needed rest. They reluctantly sat back in their seats and sighed with frustration.

"You should get back home Tauhid, Rumena probably needs some help with Aidan." I said.

"Yeah, in fact we all should get going. It's nearly 9pm and Inayah's asleep. We'll come back in the morning."

I nodded my head and walked towards the door. Mum, dad, the in-laws, Tauhid and Samara followed me and we headed towards their cars. 

"I'm staying the night. You guys come in the morning yea?"

"I want to stay." Samara pleaded.

"Not today, only one of us is allowed to stay a night." I replied.

"Please?"

"You can stay tomorrow." I smiled at her.

She finally gave in but made me promise to let her stay the next day.

I waved them off and made my way back to Inayah's ward.

She was still asleep and I took a seat beside her and began stroking her hair.

"I should've been there to save her." I thought to myself in anger.

Just then she opened her eyes and looked up at me. Her eyes were wearing and a little red, I could tell she was extremely tired.

"Go back to sleep." I said and placed my hands over her eyes and shut her eyelids.

She pushed my hand away and held it tight.

"I want to go home." She groaned.

"You will, very soon, don't worry. Sleep now, for my sake."

She scrunched up her face and sighed.

"Fine then, I'm going home." I got up to leave and she pulled my arm not letting me go.

"No please stay, I don't like it here, especially alone. I'll go to sleep." She begged.

"That's my good wife." I chuckled.

I took my seat again and watched her as she fell asleep.

I slouched down and rested my head against her bed and in no time I had fallen asleep too.

*********

I heard faint sounds around me as I slowly opened my eyes. Brights lights shone in the room blinding me. I pulled my head up and saw Samara and Rumena standing there talking to Inayah.

"Finally the King himself has decided to wake up." Rumena teased and they all started laughing.

"Ha Ha very funny." I croaked still in half a slumber.

"You should get going and get proper rest, it probably wasn't comfortable here." Samara said.

"Nah I'm good."

They ignored me and continued with their conversation.

"What you guys talking about?" I tried to butt in.

"None of your business. It's girl talk." They shoved me off with no sympathy.

"Aren't they rude." I thought to myself.

"Okay man, now leave." Samara ordered as if she was my boss.

"Why are you so keen on getting me out?"

She rolled her eyes at me and instead of talking they began whispering.

"This is a lil weird." I wondered. I decided to give them some privacy and left the room towards the public toilet to freshen up.

__________________________

Over a moontthhh!

I guess you guys are used to these late updates now.. sorrryy ( for the billionth time)

How'd you like this chapter?

What are the girls talking about and why are they hiding it from Hamdan?

Don't forget to,

Share

Like

Comment

Lots of love, Saima x