Chapter Twenty Eight

Inayah's P.O.V.

I can't believe everyone did this for me!

I was piling my plate with the party food and Hamdan and I ended up laughing so loud that our stomachs hurt.

It was nearly 7pm and the guests were beginning to leave, their children had school the next day and they had to put them to bed.

We waved them off and settled down as a family. It's been a long time since everyone has been so happy, especially me. Hamdan has changed so much since my stay at the hospital. I was just glad that he was giving me a chance.

I smiled unknowingly and Hamdan who was sat beside me nudged me and asked why I had plastered that smile on my face.

"Nothing..just glad that everyone is enjoying."

He smiled and started a conversation with my parents. I noticed everyone was speaking freely as if we had known eachother for ages.

Rumena came towards me and sat down on the floor infront of me.

"I'm so happy that you're fine!"

"Thanks bhabi." I said touching her shoulders whilst smiling.

"Now I just hope my stupid little brother takes care of you properly!" she gave me a cheeky grin and pulled my cheek like I was a child.

My face flushed red and said that he has changed since I was at hospital and he was giving me the rights of a wife.

She smiled as she heard this and stood up to get her phone from her bag which was in ringing.

**********

Time flew so fast and it was already 11pm and our families were getting ready to go to their homes. I really wanted Mum to stay. For some reason Samara wouldn't talk to me as much, she would only speak to me if it was necessary.

I hope it's not because I disliked her choice of partner for her marriage. I really need to prove to her that he isn't a suitable guy for a beautiful and innocent girl like her. She deserved someone better, not a cheap disgusting man like Aaron.

I didn't want to think about all this now so I made myself busy clearing away the mess left by the guests.

We then walked my parents and Hamdan's parents to their cars and waved them off. The night was becoming chilly and I was wearing a thin outfit. I began rubbing my arms in order to absorb some heat and turned around to walk towards our apartment. Hamdan noticed and quickly took off his jacket and draped it over my shoulders. 

He smiled warmly at me and we both walked together back to our home. I gave him his jacket.

"I think oversized jackets are gonna come back into fashion" he teased me.

"Ha ha very funny" I replied sarcastically.

He grinned and excused himself to go the bathroom. I made my way to the bedroom and sat down on the bed, it was a long but exciting day today. I didn't want it to end so soon. 

Just as the thought came into my head Hamdan came into the room and surprised me with a small box delicately wrapped in a bear themed wrapping paper. I looked shocked and stood up.

"Guess what I brought for you!" he said blushing at the same time.

"Awwh you didn't have to." I smiled at him.

"I wanted to." He replied firmly. " To be honest you deserve more than this after how I treated you like dirt."

I didn't want to talk about this. That was our past, it was the present now and we had to think of the future.

"I really don't want to bring up this topic Hamdan." I looked at him.

"Yeah neither do I." And he handed me the gift.

I slowly and carefully unwrapped it. A crimson box. I opened the latch and a mesmerising locket glistened infront of me. I gasped and took it out with my bare cold hands. 

'Inayah and Hamdan' was engraved on the heart of the necklace.

"Oh my God this is beautiful!" I breathed.

He seemed relieved that I liked the gift.

"Wow I'm glad." He said whilst scratching the back of his head.

**********

Last night was memorable. I turned to a new page in the chapter of my life and I was happy.

I had just prayed Fajr and I was shaking Hamdan continuously to wake up. He was such a deep sleeper. I gave him one last big shout and gave up. It was impossible to wake him up unless...

WATER!

I cackled evilly to myself and brought a glass of water and at first I began to sprinkle little drops onto his face. He twitched a little but wouldn't wake up so I just tipped the whole glass over him.

He suddenly jumped up scaring me and vigorously turned his head around to see what had happened.

"What the... What was that.. Oh My Days!" He said shocked.

I couldn't stifle my laughter and spat in his face giggling.

The minute he realised what I had done he stared at me blankly for a couple of seconds and then grabbed my head and put me in a headlock.

"Your gonna pay for this Inayah." He growled mockingly.

 I freed myself off his clutches and ran into the kitchen.

I ducked down under the shelves and waited for him to either come and find me or pray and go back to sleep.

I heard footsteps coming closer and his breathing got louder with every step.

"Where are you little monkey?" he whispered.

I stuffed my hand into my mouth to prevent myself for bursting out into laughter.

Finally I could hear him slowly distancing himself from where I was hiding and heard the bed creak a little and this acknowledged me that he had got back into bed.

I creeped back into the room and suddenly my vision went blurry and I felt like I was soaked. Only then did I realise what had just happened.

Hamdan was standing next to the door with a bucket which used to be filled with water a couple of seconds ago. Now that same water drenched me to my bones and I glared up at Hamdan. He gave me a mischevious look and laughed until he cried.

I saw him capture a photo of me and I just stood there helplessly not being able to move because of the coldness of the water.

I managed to catch my breath.

"You..you..you devil!" I screamed at him.

He stuck out his tongue and jumped into bed as if nothing had just happened.

I sighed and grabbed some clothes from the wardrobe  and went to the bathroom to change.

______________________

Yayy I updated a little earlier and this was a longer chapter! 

I hope you liked it and I quite enjoyed writing about the couples' childish acts.

Btw please follow  @hijabiamirahh @hijabiamirahh 

And read her AMAZING book. I really think her book will be a bigg hit!! 

Comment

Vote

Share