Chapter Twenty

Samara's P.O.V

What's wrong with sis? Why doesn't she want me to be happy and married?

I heard mum calling me from downstairs so I walked down and saw her standing at the bottom of the stairs staring at me with guilt in her eyes.

"I'm sorry." She whispered.

"What happened?" I asked beginning to fill with curiosity.

"Aaron's been arrested."

*********
Hamdan's P.O.V

"Samara is gonna be in deep shit if she marries that ass." I breathed under my breath.

I grabbed my phone and dialled Mum.

"Salaam Mum."

"Wsalam, how are you?"

"Confused... There's a problem and I need you to come to my home. Inayah will be there and I will arrive shortly. I'm quite far away now."

"Oh okay. I'll be there and don't worry everything will be fine."

"Thanks Ma. Love you,bye."

"Love you too darling."

********
I parked my car infront of my house and made my way to the front door.

I heard muffled voices from inside and assumed it was Mum and Inayah.

Walking in I took off my shoes and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. My phone rang. Unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Hello." Said a familiar voice.

I gasped. It couldn't be?

"Are you shocked Hamdan?"

"Whoever is doing this prank call it's not funny." And I cut the line.

But the same number called again. Being sensible as I am I ignored it. But temptation got the better of me and answered it on its 8th ring.

"Who is it?" I plucked up the courage to ask.

"You know who it is. You just can't admit it."

"Cmon is it Rumena? It's not funny pretending to be her."

"Haha you really don't want to believe that it's actually me! I thought you loved me."

I gulped. This was going too far so I ended the line.

Luckily the person didn't ring again and I sighed in relief. A hand touched my shoulder and I jumped.

"Ohh it's you Mum!"

"What happened Hamdan. Are you okay?" She said with a worried expression.

"Yeah yeah I'm good."

"Okay that's fine." She smiled. "Inayah is such a lovely girl. You are very lucky to have her."

"Hmm" I answered not wanting to sound like I agreed.

Mum gave me a sigh.

"You need to give her a chance Hamdan."

Then she walked away to start another conversation with Inayah.

"Why does everyone keep nagging me to give her another chance. I need time people!" I said firmly to myself.

Mum called me from the other room and I went in.

The two ladies were sat down on the sofa with a serious expression.

It's time to talk.

"Tell me what has been happening." Mum said to both of us as I pulled up a chair and sat infront of them.

I told her the whole story not missing out any detail.

Once I finished she stared at me in disbelief.

"And you're telling me now??" she said in a hurt tone.

"Mum we just wanted to get over this before we could tell anyone, but I promise you that you're the first person we told." And I gave her a tight hug.

There was silence for a couple of minutes and Inayah broke it with harsh coughs. She clasped her chest in pain and she bent her head against her knees.

Mum jumped and pat her back.

"Hamdan get her water." She ordered me and I got her a glass.

Inayah took a couple of sips and then coughed it all out.

She started to choke at the same time and I started to get scared.

Mum was first aid trained and she knew what she was doing but she seemed really worried.

Out of nowhere red liquid spilled out of Inayah's mouth. She was coughing blood!

Inayah's P.O.V.

I started coughing violently and my body shook. Clasping my chest I thought I was gonna die.

I spat out the water that I drank and seconds later I coughed up blood.

My heart was racing and my head felt heavy. I grabbed onto my mother-in-law and tried looking at her but I saw two of her and then suddenly the world went blank.

_______________________

Hello!!

How was this chapter? I hoped you all liked it.

Who could have "prank" called Hamdan? I would love to know in the comments.

Love you all x

Please :

Comment

Share

Vote