Chapter Fifty One

Inayah's P.O.V

We took our seats on the plane and I gazed out of the oval shaped window. I loved the atmosphere and looking at the wings spread out ready to fly it made me all the more happier.

"You excited?" Hamdan asked as he sat down next to me.

I nodded like an eager child and continued to stare out. Rumena called me and I turned around to see her taking a seat on the other aisle with her husband. Samara was sat in the seat in front of me as she took over the double seats and spread herself on it.

"That's not fair." I hissed through the gap in the seats to her.
She peeped her eye through the whole and winked. I shot her a dirty look and chuckled. I was going to get the next empty seat after the transit.

Our parents didn't come; I guess it was quite cool with all of us at similar ages and keen to explore the place. A young black flight attendant smiled at me as she walked past with an empty food trolley. Minutes later she returned but with snacks piled up.

"Would you like anything Ma'am?" She asked politely.

I shook my head, we had eaten too much and I needed to give my stomach a rest.

Hamdan took a cup of coffee and a small croissant. Coffee tasted weird, I didn't know how he liked it.

Hours passed as we slept, talked and went to the bathroom.

Finally it was time to land and I looked out of the window staring at the beautiful scene.

"We're here!" A little girl screamed in delight a few seats behind. I smiled and unbuckled my seat belt as the plane came to a halt on American lands.

*******

We were laying comfortably on our beds when Tauhid's phone rang.

He left the room and soon after he came back with a huge grin.

"Who wants to go to Adam Saleh's New York Concert?!" 

Adam Saleh. Omg. He was life, bae, everything.

I looked guiltily at Hamdan, I would rather have Adam Saleh as my husband and I giggled quietly.

Rumena and I shared a bedroom whilst the boys shared another. We both stared out of the window taking in everything.

Rumena and I couldn't wait for tomorrow and we started to pick out our outfits. After debating for God knows how many hours, we made our choices. I was to wear a white flowered jumpsuit with a rose coloured duster coat. And Rumena wore the same but with a plain black jumpsuit.

My eyes were heavy as the clock struck 7pm. I had severe jet lag and I prepared myself to go to bed, I needed a great long sleep to meet Adam and look stunning. I pulled the duvet up to my chin and closed my eyes.

*****

"Inayah, wake up. We have to get ready." I heard Rumena's voice shouting from the bathroom.

I groaned and rolled off the bed. Yes, I'm not usually a morning person but the concert was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I fought against my laziness.

I dragged myself to the other bathroom, brushed my teeth, showered and changed into my clothes.

Walking into the dining room I saw everyone sat around the table digging into their breakfast. It had been such a long time since we've all had breakfast together. I sat down and began eating too, eggs, sausages and couscous.

"This is lush! Who cooked it?" Hamdan asked in between mouthfuls.

Tauhid raised his hand slightly and smirked at Hamdan's reaction.

"When did you learn to cook?" He scoffed.

"Since forever mate. You should learn too and feed your wife." Tauhid retorted as he took his empty plate to the kitchen.

I saw Hamdan's cheek turn red, he looked up at me and gave a little side smile.

Rumena's hands waved in front of my face as she grabbed my arm and yanked me off my seat.

"Come on guys!! We don't have all day." She yelled and pushed us out of the front door. 

Within minutes we were buckled up into the typical american yellow taxis and were escorted to the  hall.

We had front seat tickets; took our respectable places and sat down waiting for the concert to begin. The rows were filling up with wild fans as we took snapchat selfies and posted them on our feeds.

 Suddenly Adam ran onto the stage holding Reema his niece's hand and they waved and blew kisses to everyone. I swear he looked more handsome in real life. The audience went crazy and the hall was filled with screams and shouts.

The experience was unreal as he sang his songs and cracked jokes. The time finally came to say goodbye as he high-fived some fans and ran off stage.

"That was amazing!" Breathed Rumena as we exited the hall, "Let's eat, I'm hungry after all that shouting."

We all nodded and went to a fast food restaurant to eat the good food.

_____________________________

Longggg time sorry guysss!! A shit filler chapter but I'm literally running out of ideas :(

Comment

Vote

Share