Chapter Twenty Nine

Hamdan's P.O.V.

I knew Inayah was my wife but to me she was more of a friend.

We had an epic water "fight" and obviously I ended up winning.

In the morning I woke up at around 10am and Inayah was still sleeping. She probably had a good sleep after having an unexpected shower. I laughed to myself and went to the bathroom to freshen up. As I was about to take my toothbrush I noticed there was some blood stains on the sides of the sink. Immediately I remembered Inayah's condition and rushed into the room.

She was just awakening from her deep slumber and smiled. I sat by her side and looked at her in a serious expression.

"I saw there were drops of blood in the bathroom." I told her.

Her smile faded and she looked down at her hands which were fidgeting around.

"Answer me Inayah. Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was scared." She replied truthfully. "I don't want everything to get ruined just because of this stupid condition."

"Inayah..." I sighed.

I took her in my arms and she wrapped herself around me. Her rosy scent filled my atmosphere and I sighed heavily.

We broke apart from eachother after a bit when we realised things were a little awkward.

She nervously smiled and thanked me for being by her side. I shrugged and brought two cups of steaming hot tea and biscuits.

"We need to make a doctors appointment." I told her.

"Hmm I know." she replied meekly.

We quietly finished our drinking and I went back to the kitchen to put away the plates and mugs.

I heard my phone ringing in the other room and Inayah picked it up.

"Samara Salaam." I heard Inayah's distant voice.

I walked back towards the room and sat down beside Inayah trying to figure out their conversation. Surprisingly their talk didn't last long and Inayah abruptly ended the call.

"Eh what's wrong?" I asked looking at her pale face.

"Samara is real mad about me not accepting her alliance. She's saying she's gonna find proof that he's innocent and stuff, sometimes she is so childish. Why would I want to break her relationship unless I knew the guy was not decent?"

"It's okay, don't worry. We'll figure something out before anything gets finalised." I reassured her.

She sighed and nodded.

"Anyways let's make that important call for the appointment." I reminded her and she grunted and went into the bathroom.

********

"Come on. You're so slow at getting ready. It's only a damn docs appointment, not some fancy party." I screamed from the front door as Inayah made her final touches on her face.

To be honest she looked good with and without make-up, I don't see why she bothers to apply all that junk on her face. No wonder women age fast with their worn out skin. Finally she came rushing out and I puffed at her and she gave me a nasty look. I returned and stomped off into the car. I pretended to start the engine and leave without her when she dashed towards me and jumped in beside me.

"You can't leave without me." she told me.

"Why not young woman?" I asked.

"Well duhh. It's my appointment." And she laughed at my stupid reply.

I turned red in embarassment and began humming a song.

"Whenever you're around I always I seem to smile and people ask me how well you're the reason why.." Inayah started singing the song to which I was humming to.

I chuckled and joined in and for the rest of the journey we sung karoakes.

Finally we entered the air conditioned GP, signed in and waited for Inayah's name to be called out.

"Mrs Inayah Kuraish." A loud voice announced her name. 

We both stood up and made our way to Dr. Smith's room. She was an old woman, with brown thin hair and Harry Potter styled glasses. She had been our family doctor even before I was born and everyone trusted her medication.

"Hello." We both greeted her.

"Hello Mr and Mrs Kuraish. Please take a seat. How are you both?"

"Good thanks and you?" I replied for both of us.

"I'm fine too." She smiled and looked at the patient.

We had already told her over the phone what had happened so without any further questions she began to give her a check up. Every seconds she nodded to herself and after what seemed like ages she finally looked at me and spoke.

"I know that your wife recently had an operation." he began. "It is quite unusual for the Injuvenile symptoms to persist even after that. Her heart rate and sugar is fine but after the coughing of blood again we can't take the risk of ignoring it. You need to make an emergency call to the A&E and you can get a more accurate result of what is wrong."

Inayah and I both stared at him in disbelief. All this time we thought she was free of any disease and suddenly we find out that the operation may have backfired.

I nodded at Inayah as she looked at me trying to reassure her. She looked down doubting whether she would ever be normal. We were then dismissed and we drove back home. The car journey was quiet and to break the tension instead of going home we ended up having lunch in a buffet. Inu, as I like to call her, cheered up a bit and as everyone knows her hungry appetite she filled her plate with all sorts of delicacies. I specially chose a chinese place because this was her favourite type of food.

We were sat on a table for two near the front doors, we were looking at the people passing by and a suspicious looking black van parked parallel to us. We watched closer as a woman wearing an abaya and niqab exited the car and searched all around her as if she was afraid to be caught. A man wearing a long black coat also followed behind her and they both brought out a massive black case out of the back seats and swiftly walked into a dark alleyway. I thought this was strange but didn't take any notice of it and turned to look at Inayah who's gaze was still glued onto the van.

"We must be thinking too much." I told her.

She realised I was talking to her and looked at me. She nodded in agreement and continued the mission to finish her food. I laughed at her messy manners and pretended to be a posh British gentleman. My accent was on point and I placed a napkin on my knees, took my cutlery in hands and slowly cut through the food. I took each bite with care and the family sat beside us looked at us as if we were animals. I mean, who would imagine a gorilla eating with a well mannered young man?

_____________________

Yayy another quick update and I hope you all enjoyed the chapter. I really want to say that I am so so so so so so pleased and appreciative towards all my lovely followers and all the dedicated readers who comment and vote on every chapter. Thank you for showing your support and I can't believe I've reached nearly 40k readers. I'M SO GASSED LMAO! 

And it's so funny and exciting how friends in my school love my book and shout at me to update it everyday so a massive shoutout to them! 

I feel like a true honoured author xD *laugh at myself for having a stupid imagination*

Well anyways what did you think of this chapter. Why did those two people seem fishy?

And what's gonna happen to Inayah?

ALSOOO If u've realised I now have been including Hanayah moments in the past couple of chapters!! Some of u have been dying for it and now u finally have it!

Okay enough of my blabbering..

Comment

Vote

Share