Chapter Two

Hamdan's P.O.V.

I was in a place I didn't want to be. Inayah's house. My In-laws home. Just saying it made me shiver with anger.

I only accepted this marriage because of my Mum. She was sick and was desperate for me to marry a graduated daughter from a noble family. She had searched and searched till she heard about The Khan Family. Inayah Khan to be exact. Mum was delighted and sent a proposal without my consent, I was vexed,insane and distraught all at the same time when I heard about it.

How could she do this? Ruin my life with a woman who I never knew (not that I want to know her anyway).

"Do you Hamdan Kuraish accept Inayah Khan as you life partner?" The man interrupted my thoughts.

I replied with a feeble yes and Inayah repeated the same when she was asked. I was raging with hate towards her!

Finally, it was time for us to leave and Inayah mumbled a "Bye" to me which I ignored. I looked at her face and I could see she was hurt but I just grunted and walked out.

  ***************

I locked the door behind me and jumped onto my bed.

Everything was going wrong! I was meant to be with another. My destiny lies with Amina, my love and life. She was the one who made me happy not that Inayah girl.

-----------
Amina and I had met in college and we became the best of mates until Uni when I started to form feelings for her. I didn't know if she liked me in that way too but I decided to propose to her on Valentines day. What other day could be better than Valentines day?

It was a chilly night and we were walking alone. I took her to a dessert cafe and bought her a Valentines Treat special sundae. She was delighted and we both shared it. The night was filled with jokes and laughter.

Finally I knelt down on my knees and took out the ring from my pocket and said

"Amina, will you make me the happiest man and marry me?"
My heart was racing.

She started to cry and I was afraid that she was angry but she nodded a yes and I put the ring on her finger and hugged her for what felt like hours. We were engaged and no one could separate us but death.

And that was exactly what happened. My heart aches just thinking about it. She was at her home alone and we had talked over the phone and everything was fine until I heard a gunshot from her side of the phone and then there was silence. I rushed to her house and saw her lying there with a huge puddle of blood surrounding her. She was gone. Forever.

Since then I was like a zombie, I stopped laughing and participating with events. My Love left me in a second and I swore to myself that if I ever found the murderer I would kill him with my own hands.

The proposal about Inayah crushed me more and I became more aggressive towards everyone but I accepted the alliance because of mum's  ill health.

------------
I came back into reality when Rumena called me. I got up to open the door and found her with Tauhid, her husband holding hands. It hurt me to watch them love when I couldn't do the same.

"We are going to bring your suit from the Tailor. Do you want to come?" Tauhid said.

I said no and locked the door again. Why would I go to see the suit in which I was going to get ungratefully married in?

My eyes felt heavy as I slumped back onto the bed and closed my eyes to sleep.

***********
Inayah's P.O.V.

Fortunately every thing worked out well. But my heart ached to think that Hamdan wasn't happy about this. His tone when he replied was aggressive and blunt. Anyway I hope I'm thinking too much and he's just overwhelmed by all this.

Mum and Dad were busy calling friends and family to confirm if they were arriving in the wedding function in three days from now.

Samara and I were giggling about Hamdan's looks and Samara teased me to which I blushed and hit her playfully. Gosh sometimes I loved her to bits!

Hmmm I wonder what my husband is doing right now. Is he thinking about me and our future life? Oh how I wish everything everything will turn out well.

_____________________

Hello once again! I'm really annoyed right now because I had written this chapter and I forgot to save it so I had to rewrite everything and I lost all my good ideas so I apologise if this chapter lacks your expectations.

Plz comment, vote and share this with other Wattpad readers.

Lots of love,
                       Saima