so is life better?

I sat there grieving and wailing at my dying friend begging the father in heaven to bring him back. "Mike"I sobbed. I desperately desire this was just a bad dream and only if l could wake up soon. The clock struck 12. It is midnight, Mike was shot a minute ago.

Something happened that left me baffled.
Mike turned to me suddenly lifting up his eyelids. "Happy Birthday Elena".
I stared at him dumbstruck.
My brain remain befuddled.
"I hope you like the surprise "he said planting a kiss on my cheek.
Christian had already got to his feet caught up in the seizure of frenzy chuckle.
"So all this was a prank"i stormed with fury spreading like a drug through my veins.
"you were so great acting like a corpse"christian complimented Mike "you must try out a career in acting"
People were muttering under the breath "these teenagers ".
I did something that one would consider very unlikely for a lady to do.
I hit mike black and blue until my hands were sore. Then I resorted into the method of thrashing him with my handbag. I stood up and stomped him with my shoe hard on his stomach he crouched and cried in pain. I stamped on him so hard he wriggled on the pavement in pain.
Christian and few friends were looking at me flabbergasted with a aghast expression crossing their face.
Mike whimpered in excruciating pain. "dare you, filthy son of a bitch "I yelled.
Mike was laughing between his tears clutching his sore body which out of pain. He really appeared pathetic.
"Do you know how worried I was? "I said hugging him. "I nearly died seeing you like that"I wept sobbing. I sat there hugging Mike relieved by the fact he was alive in the first place.
"it's okay"consoled mike hugging me who was hugging me like I was a kid.

Christian bought a large blue cake with white pearl like stuff glistening over it like snow. So started my best birthday ever.

And the fellow customers in the restaurant joined us

And the fellow customers in the restaurant joined us. A few were annoyed, many were amused by the extend Mike went just inorder to give me a surprise. I grinned at them,"so Christian how are you both friends ?"I asked stuffing a spoonful of cake into my mouth.He got an internship in my company.
"you wanna know what he told me? He told me that he would get an internship if I go out on a date with you"I said chortling at my folly.
"It was partly true, not just me many guys in the college are interested in you.The young naive and extremely stunning country girl"he said.
"you needn't have to falter me just because it is my birthday "I cackled.
"Don't think any less of you. Many consider you extremely attractive. "he said. "but this guy Mike, never seen any guy so much in love with a girl before "
"but I am engaged "I said.
"but still he loves you, he just can't stop caring that is what true love do to people. "he said.
"Am I doing him harm"i asked.
"No, not at all... He has moved on. But erasing you from his mind is a feat next to impossible. " he said.
"Anyone would fall in love with you Elena. You are too good to be real. I just knew you would do anything for this guy"he said caressing my cheeks.
"hands off Elena, chris"cried Mike who was waltzing a girl.

"I wonder if he had two large protruding eyes behind his head"exclaimed Chris.

"not at all"said Mike"you are just so predictable Chris. That ain't my mistake".

He was dancing with an other girl

He was dancing with an other girl. They were sharing a passionate kiss. I laugh at Mike's ability to win over a girls heart.

What would I do if I see Allan like this? The mere thought disturbed my very core. It is not that Allan hasn't been with women but I am kinda possessive when it comes to Allan.

Chris asked me for a dance. He was indeed a terrific dancer with swift step and extreme elegance. He was fun to hang out with. I was tired after two dances. Chris caught me asked me to dance more.

"I am too tired,someother day" I said excusing myself from the crowd and I walked out of the restaurant now turned a party venue .I was in desperate need of fresh air. The cold night breeze waffled in. I folded my hands around me for warmth. The fresh air was indeed relieving. It was indeed an eventful day
I look at the starless sky. "I am an year older today. "I said to myself. I am extremely happy
I felt myself dragged roughly into the car. I turned to see my kidnappers. They were two beefy men. A rope was fastened around my wrist and legs and a tape on my mouth. I wriggled to set myself free but in vain. The ropes cut through my skin, it was bleeding. May be I am not supposed to be happy.