Shocked.

I reluctantly took his hand in mine, and had a brief handshake. His handsome face was now adorned with an expression of pure amusement. "Mr Hawthorne,you here...?"I blurted out before I could stop myself. His lips broke into a grin "Seriously, Miss Elena no one has ever before asked me this question in my house."

"Are you acquainted with my nephew Miss Drewstone " enquired the old Mr David Clarkstone."We know each other really well, don't we Elle?" Allan affirmed.

I gape at him open mouth, Allan resorted into a silent chuckle seeing the expression on my face. Mike pulled me back to the couch. Mrs Rosewood looked stunned as she was absent when Allan took me to dance. Allan was verifying the documents, I felt like he was watching me from the corner of his eyes, may be I am imagining stuffs. My heart raced than it would do on a rollercoaster ride.

Allan raised his eyebrow, now his glare was directed towards me "Did you this?" he asked looking not so pleased.

"Yep" I gulped.

"Not bad, well I haven't decided anything yet but I will look to it. I have dropped the idea of demolishing Winfred high for now, thanks to the little genius here" he remarked. " I thought you are just an innocent country girl, but now I think my judgement failed in your case.

"But, you were absolutely against sparing Winfred high until you entered this room Allan" said a lady in a lavender dress, she looked a bit elderly but the elegance of high class was sparkling on every tiny detail of her.

Allan smirked at her "Really, as if you care, if it is demolished or not".There was a strange sense of tension that traversed through each others eyes.

The feeling of being caught up in a family battle seized me.Allan got a phone call and moved out of the room. Mrs Rosewood broke the ice by stating "I think it would be better if we leave".

"Oh,so fast , it has been long since I had some kid up in my house and it was quite more than pleasure to meet your students Mrs Rosewood. And I do look forward to see you both on my business trips."he shot me a very good natured smile of hidden pride. The lady of the house took no notice of us leaving as she was staring at the spot where Allan left.

On our way back to hotel, I can't stop the feeling Allan gave up his idea of demolishing Winfred High for me. I am completely going nuts imagining things up.

I woke up from my thoughts when I heard Mike and Mrs Rosewood arguing. I am sure no student from Winfred high has the grit to speak against Mrs Rosewood rather than Mike.

"No Mike, no sight seeing you are going to take rest today and we are leaving tomorrow."Mrs Rosewood declared.

"No we are going out"Mike shouted.

"If  you want to go out, you better come on a vacation"she declared stern.

"But,I want to see New York with Elle and not with my family"he said.

Mrs Rosewood remained silent,

Mike sat there like a child throwing tantrum. I felt like Mike was fighting for me, I simply felt everyone here cared for me.For the first time in life I felt lucky.

 The car stopped, we mounted off, Something weird happened,  Mrs Rosewood hugged she looked at me with tear filled eyes and said "Thanks".

Mike chocked stating "I didn't see Mrs Rosewood cry".

Rosewood knocked on his head. It was about eight, we just retired into our room, sitting in indian style clad in my pyjamas I was speaking to Mike. Mike was making fun of my Mickey Mouse pyjamas. 

Suddenly I heard Mrs Rosewood's voice. Mike opened the door.

There stood Allan Hawthorne.