graduation 🎓

I throttle towards my room, unaware of the surroundings my mind occupied in a series of incidents that occurred before. I stumble into my room as my eyes fall on a lovely purple knee length frock laying aloof on crumbled bedspread. I sat on the bed examining it.
"Elena"I turned around to meet dad. His tired gaze was fixed and it sparkled with a strange sense of happiness. He sat at the edge of my bed. I moved a bit to make room for him. "Did you like it ?"he asked?
"it's lovely papa"I gleefully hooted.
"not as good as that Allan guy gave you"he said as sadness crossed his eyes.
"this is more beautiful. "I said taking the fine fabric in my hand.
"I can't believe you grew up enough to graduate my little girl, I remember you as a tiny baby with large tawny eyes,crawling on my hands"he said.
"she grew up fast"said Mom who was leaning against the door.
I sat in between mom and dad, hugging them soon joined by my siblings. There is one thing we have inspite of lack of money, it's love and a lovely family. I loved my family so much that I was even ready to die for them.
I walked up to the school with dad and mom by my either side and my little siblings crowding the pathway. I simply love my family and I am really glad that everyone offered to be by my side.
The graduates were seated. Demma and Mike sat in the front row. I was positioned somewhere towards the middle of the gathering since I was neither a topper nor do I flunk in my academics. Mike waved at me, I reciprocated buoyantly. I sat there with anticipation.
Suddenly the noisy room grew silent, I turn around to find Allan entering the hall. He and his attire took my breath away. Every soul gaped at Allan, his mere stature demands respect. A group of girls giggled excitedly. My best friend squeezed my hand trying her very best not to leap out to him.
He sat on the dice with other dignitaries. Glee attacked knew no bounds.The overwhelming spree of feelings were cut short as Mrs Rosewood's voice rang through the speakers. Since Mr Hawthorne is busy he will award the best student of this graduation batch "Mike Frenchladenz ".
Mike went up to the stage. He gave Mike a quizzical smile and a small pat on his shoulders handing over his medal. His eyes traced to the crowd which I assumed must be searching for me. My cheeks turned crimson at the mere thought.
Mr Hawthorne will be awarding the topper in academics Demma. He gave her a smile and handed over the medal. That did hurt me, I know I haven't worked hard, but if I knew beforehand still teachers would have made sure Demma received the prize. Just as Demma was about to give a speech. I texted Allan though I am not sure if he had his phone or his secretary.

Me:Hi,did you forget me?

Suddenly his attention diverted into the crowd.His emerald eyes searched for me. A smile crept into his perfect lips as he read the text.

He: I know you are here, tell me where you are?

Demma was speaking something but the whole crowd seem to lose interest on her and everyone's attention was pinned on Allan.

"Looks like his girlfriend texted him"my friend said.

Yes she did... I thought to myself ...yes I did.

Demma cut short her speech and turned to look at Allan who was smiling at the phone.
She walked down the dice with a dejected look on her face which nobody seemed to notice. I did feel sorry for her in spite of the fact she made my life a living hell.