Chapter Two - The Parkers

Start from the beginning

         "Ah, how adorable, and how beautiful. If only I had a daughter." She sighs, now stroking my cheeks.

         If they don't have a daughter, then...

         Ah, crap.

        You know Lea, you're pretty dumb for a straight 'A' student. Boys got your school too. 

         "But I'm sure you'll get along with my son just fine, he seems to take an interest in pretty girls." She giggles, saying the last part a little lower so I'm pretty sure my parents didn't catch it. 

         Great, they do have a son. And I can't believe she just said that. 

         "Shall we?" Malcolm points towards the open living room door and we follow his lead into the room.

         Obviously, their house is huge, you can tell that from a mile away. The hallway is probably the size of our whole ground floor put together. In the middle stands a golden, spiral staircase, which I bet will be fun to slide down – not that I was thinking of sliding down it or anything. The living room is double the size of the hallway, with three cream sofas surrounding a fireplace and a rectangular chestnut table in the centre. I take a seat with my parents on one of the sofas, as Brenda and Malcolm sit directly opposite us.

         "What's your name sweetie?" Asks Brenda, her expression friendly and warm.

         "Lea." I smile.

         Dramatically, she sighs again. "Lea..." She repeats. "Such a beautiful name." She compliments, and I can't help but grin like a fool.

         What? It's not every day that I get this many compliments in a matter of five minutes.

         My father and Malcolm do most of the chatting for a while, laughing about the memories they shared together when they were both at school. After a few minutes, we all turn our heads to the door of the living room when we're interrupted by a clicking sound of a closing door. Then, we hear footsteps. I wait for Brenda or Malcolm to explain who it is. 

         "Ah, that must be our son," Malcolm reveals.

         "Honey!" Brenda calls. "We've got visitors!"

         I'm not entirely sure why, but my nerves start to appear. I lace my fingers together and pray, please don't be hot, please don't be hot, please don't be hot.

         The footsteps become louder, they echo against the walls of this massive house.

         Don't be nervous; he's just a boy, act cool.

         I turn away from the door just as I see a shadow appear on the marble flooring in the hallway that isn't covered by the rug. 

         "Hi."

         Oh my God.

         I'm getting into the same habit as Marissa.

Okay, look. You might think I'm weird, but his voice is so...good. It's husky and deep and very, very sexy. I assume that his overly attractive voice only belongs to an extra-overly attractive face.

Why am I so anxious? He's just a boy. Just a boy.

Even though the urge is killing me, I don't dare to look up to match a face to the beautiful voice. Maybe the roof crushed me after all, and I died in my house, maybe this is heaven and this stranger of a boy is an angel.

Seriously, Lea? Chill out. 

As I stare at my shoes, I can tell his feet are pacing along the living room floor, before he eventually places himself onto the free sofa. However, I still don't look up.

Look up god dammit! He'll think your weird!

"Andrew, Katie, Lea, we'd like to introduce you to our son, River," Malcolm speaks formally as he introduces his son.

No. No. No. Nah-uh. No way. River is a very unique name, and I only know one boy in my life called River and it can't be him, no bloody way. My head twists to look up at the gorgeous boy sat a few meters away from me, my assumptions correct.

It's River fucking Parker.

Although he looks a little tired, his weary expression does little to dampen his beauty. I know, I just called him beautiful, and I usually wouldn't describe a guy in that way, but he is, I'll be an idiot to deny it. His soft-looking lips are tugged upwards to form a small smile, just enough to create a couple creases around his eyelids. He sits with his back against the cushion and one arm rested on the armrest. The ruffled golden hair paired with a shadow of stubble peeking out on his chin and jaw line gives him a messy yet hot look. I know I sound like a teenage fan girl right now, however, it's hard to ignore, he looks mesmerising.   

***