❝ 15. \ 4 ❞

NEXT CHAPTERVOTING  
4/4 OF CHAPTER FIFTEEN

▂▂▂

⸗ dsc ⸗

▃▃▃▃▃▃

taeyong and i had an awkward walk back to our spot on the beach and managed to gather all nineteen of us by sending a text to the group chat.

mark was whining about us not getting him chocolate ice cream but i told him he could have two ice creams because there would be one left over anyway.

the sun was lowering. it was just after four o'clock and the heat only intensified. winwin was the first to gob his ice cream and as soon as he threw away the stick in the trash he walked up to me and smiled, "go crab hunting with me!!"

i was taken aback, clearly not expecting the request but nonetheless, i agreed. i was still licking my quickly melting oreo ice cream but it was gone in a matter of seconds when sicheng chomped on it and finished it in a single bite.

my jaw hung open in disbelief. i ice cream, gone. kapoof. just like that.

i sadly looked at winwin who was now looking guilty, "i. . .i'll buy you another one!" the light-haired boy reasoned making me grin which made him smile.

"no time to lose kira! we gotta find crabs!" i followed winwin to a quiet space at the beach where there were lots of boulders in the water, peeking at the surface. the waves were softer than at the crowded zone of the beach so it was really peaceful.

it was only sicheng and me, along with the unfound crabs.

"let's try and find those huge crabs like in animal crossing." there was a glint of determination in his eyes.

for the next fifteen minutes, we found colorful lizards, a baby hermit crab, cool af seashells and a couple of small crabs but zero big ones.

but goD Must've heard winwin's prayers because he yelled in joy while pointing towards a tall rock, higher than the both of us.

"kira!! kiRA A A GODDAmN CRAB OMG." he was jumping excitedly, "get on my shoulders." he ordered right after.

i gulped, am i really going to get on his shoulder's for the sake of a really big crab? yes of course, i'd never do anything to make this baby sad.

heat as rising up my neck when his words really got through my brain. sicheng crouched low enough for me to climb on him.

"but i'm- i'm too heavy."

"what are you talking about, i'm strong. just get on."

hesitantly, i supported myself by gently holding onto winwin's head and put a leg on either side of his neck.

i nearly screamed when he stood up and placed his hands on my thighs to keep me from falling. i came back to my senses and tried to stop thinking about sicheng and focused on my goal, to grab the huge ass crab that was in front of me.

probably my first time seeing a crab this big i froze. wHAt if tHIS biTCH PINchES mE and i reALLY DO diE TODay????

with a deep breath, i reached my hand out to grab the shell of the orange sea creature. my fingers took hold of the sleeping crab but as soon as i touched it, it woke up and started snipping at me. out of fear of getting hurt, i threw it into the ocean. my big movement must've disturbed sicheng because he was wobbling under me.