❝ 1O. ❞

SATURDAY  °  1456
KIRA'S

last night, taeyong texted me to alert me that there'd be practice today. he asked the coach for extra training against crecker high.
on the groupchat he said we'd be going to the local park to practice, where there's a public soccer field.

i figured that i must've arrived a tad bit early when i only saw taeyong tying his shoelaces, alone, sitting on the newly mowed grass. his usual straight red hair was messier today, a few strands sticking out here and there. he wasn't dressed in soccer attire but on lazy, casual clothes. not that i'm any better, i came with leggings and an oversized hoodie.

taeyong finally noticed my presence and stood up, "thanks for coming kira." he said with a grateful smile, i answered with a small 'no problemo' and placed the duffle bag i brought carefully on the ground beside a wooden bench.

"are we early?"

the captain laughed at my question and woOW HIs LauGH is like music to my ears. "no the others are just late."

"by the way thanks for adding jaemin and chenle to the team, even though they need a bit more practice than the others, they'll fit perfectly into our club."

i smile at his thankful words but then taeyong gently kicked a ball to me which i somehow caught despite not doing any physical efforts throughout most of my life. "help me train?" taeyong cocked his head to the side cutely.

now it was my turn to laugh at him, "sure, but i won't be able to help much."

unsure of what i was supposed to do i stood awkwardly in front of him with the soccer ball in my hands, at the same time i realized. taeyong isn't as intimidating as he seems. sometimes, i'd see him a few times with yuta in the school corridors and i'd used to avoid them together because together they're too handsome and their beauty would overpower me.

"how about you try to take the ball away from me?" he suggested so i threw the ball back at him.

wait. isn't that training for me instead of him?? this'll be too easy for him if he's against a snail like me.

i lazily tried to kick the ball away from him but in the blink of an eye, it disappeared to taeyong's other foot. i attempted to take it away again but once more, the ball found it's way behind the boy's feet. i repeated this for another five times and i'm already so tired. out of frustration, i stomped my feet on the ground while i pouted.

taeyong ruffled my hair and muttered to himself, "so cute."

he probably didn't think i heard because i wore a blank face which started to turn red.

"oi taEYONG STOP TOUCHING HER, KEEP IT PEGI." yuta's recognizable voice came from the other end of the field with the rest of the teenage boys behind him, i looked back at taeyong and saw the tip of his ears redden.

"aish, w-why are you guys so late?" he changed the subject and johnny came to do a 'man' handshake with him. "we all met up on our way here and mark bought us ice cream." donghyuck answered and lucas added, "thank yoU SO MUCH MAN." he trapped mark into a headlock while hugging him affectionately.

i sighed, mark's always been too nice. i remember when we got assigned to do art project together but i somehow came down with a fever and as soon as mark found out, he rushed to my house, took care of me even though i told him he didn't have to then offered to finish the project alone to which i decLIned ASA fucking P. he worked too hard at the time and still does.

chenle magically appeared beside lucas and imitated him, laughing at everything the taller male said.

while i watched them bond i looked around and saw jaemin laughing with donghyuck and jeno, these two members are already best friends with the whole team after spending an hour of practice with them which i found surprising because it was hard enough for me to get used to being around them. jaemin and chenle must the popular to make friends so easily, wouldn't be surprised if they are.