❝ O9. ❞

FRIDAY  °  1105
KIRA'S

like every friday since the beginning of high school, between eleven and twelve, while i wait for yuta and mark to have lunch, i sit behind the nurse's desk in the infirmary when she's busy patching other students up.

miss eun choi, the nurse of neo tech high, is a close friend of my parents who're the nosiest bakers in town. always stuffing their noses in people's lives wanting to know what's the goss and all that. my mom asked miss choi if i could be her assistant for the hour on the same day every week to which she gladly accepted.

unfortunately, i haven't been going for the past few weeks, my head busy thinking about soccer boys and forgetting to spend an hour in peace, without any stress.

i knocked on the school infirmary's door and slid it open. no one was in apart from miss choi, too busy to notice my entrance while she read papers on her desk. "hello miss choi."

the lady in her early thirties jumped a little at the sound of my voice. "oh! kira, how many times do i have to tell you to call me eun??" she placed the stack of papers into a drawer under her white desk. "so how have you been? it's been two weeks since you didn't come."

i laughed sheepishly and pushed a few strands of hair away from my face awkwardly, "sorry, i had to join a club and i guess i kind of forgot."

"which club? the napping club or the anime club?" my eyes widened, why didn't i know you about these clubs earlier????

i took my seat opposite miss choi where i'd usually do my homework i forgot to do, "the soccer club."

"ooh, i see. as far as i know, there's only a boy's soccer club here." miss choi had this '( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)' face which i grimaced at. "please don't miss choi."

she laughed before a phone call from the school's landline rang.

"hello? ... oh lord. i'll be right there... is he okay?. . . i'm on my way."

miss choi hung up and turned to me with a frown, "i'll have to leave for a couple minutes, sorry." she grabbed her black coat and slung it on. "what happened?"

"a boy fainted from dancing too much or he walked into a mirror, they don't really know." she grabbed a first aid kit on one of the shelves and bid me goodbye.

°  RENJUN'S

"yikes you should go to the infirmary and get that fixed." taehyung hyung, an upperclassman of mine told me when he saw a huge papercut i just got.

the art club was preparing for an exposition for the end of the year and i was in charge of painting with taehyung and mingyu.

"ouch, how did you even do that?" mingyu hyung joked as he pushed me out of the art room, "go before you lose all the blood in your body!"

quietly, i proceeded to the infirmary and cradled my index with my hand to avoid having drops of blood on the school's corridors tiles.

i double checked the sign on top of the door,

INFIRMARY

i knocked and opened the door.

a pretty girl was sitting at a white desk tapping vigoursly on her phone, music coming from it.

she lift her eyes from her mobile to glance at me and slip her phone into her pocket. "o—oh, hello."

"good morning."

she saw the cut on my finger then opened a white box with a red cross on it and took out antisceptic and a plaster with small red hearts printed on.

"uhm, miss choi isn't here right now, so i'll h-help you instead."

i nodded and she pulled me to sit on one of the beds. she took a cloth, a bottle and the plaster and placed them on the bed beside me.

"i'm kira by the way." she said quietly.

kira? the same kira jisung and jeno keep talking about?

"i'm re-renjun."

she gently took my finger and dabbed the cloth on my papercut after spraying antiseptic on it, "what happened?"

i tried not to stutter from the closeness between us. i hardly ever talk to girls my age.

"p-p—papercut." i internally facepalmed. good job renjun, totally not looking like a loser right now.

she hummed in acknowledgment then applied some cream softly onto my injury and wrapping the cute plaster around my index.

i gained my confidence and spoke up, "aren't you the uh, soccer club manager?"

kira nodded, eyebrows drawn together in confusion, i quickly explained, "jeno and jisung always talk about you nowadays." scratching the nape of my neck with my good hand nervously.

"oh, you know them?"

"yeah, since primary school."

kira played with the sleeves of her shirt, "i-if you're not already in one, would you like to join the soccer club?"

spending my after school hours with jeno, chenle, jaemin, jisung, donghyuck and mark, basically all my friends. why not?
but i don't want to quit the art club either and leaving all of the work i did for the exposition to taehyung and mingyu?

"aaaah, sorry sorry sorry, you don't need another club, you're probably already busy enough. sorry for asking." kira shook her head and apologized for my silence when i didn't answer her question.

for a person i just met five minutes ago, i didn't like seeing kira sad.

"uuhm! i'll think about it?"

after hearing what i said, a million dollar smile made it's way to kira's lips which knocked the air out of my lungs.

i just met her and she's already leaving me breathless.

written on
⎣ 9th of april ⎤
i can't wait to hear the
studio version of chain!!!
thank you so much for
reading my amigos :D