City Limits

"We got to go," Joey says. Rick takes a look at the hand, and can't believe what he is seeing. Heather runs into the room after she hears the boys, and they're screaming at the huge muscular hand, which is reaching for Rick's leg from beneath the bed. Joey tries to take a swing at it with his bat-swings, but it has no affect on the green monstrosity. "It is alive," Joey says. "Get it, mom. Get the hand away from me. Get that thing away from me."
     Rick runs out of the room and races downstairs. Heather falls back, hitting her shoulder on a book case, and books fall to the floor.
     "Where did it go?" Heather says. "Joseph, I'm your mother and I'm talking to you."
     "There! There! Get it!" Joey says.
     Joey runs for it with the bat again. He swung around the room, destroying a light and lamp shade. A sound is heard from downstairs as Rick yells for Frank. A door creaks. They are aware; nervous, but aware. Each sighs. Frank bolts up the stairs. "Get out of the way, boy," breathing deep.
     "Is this what I get for leaving you home alone with the boys, Heather?" Frank says. "What the hell is going on?!"
     The arm grabs Joey by the foot, trying to drag him under the bed. Rick is screaming as the arm drags Joey towards the bed, with Frank and Heather playing tug-of-war with their son, until finally the arm's strength is too much, and Joey is dragged away into a dark magical portal of some kind.
"God dammit! Our boy!" The hole was all sealed up now. The darkness was all gone. Out the window, Frank's car burst into flames. Shadow people start to invade their house. One of them points upstairs, to indicate it is Frank they want, speaking incomprehensibly to another to ascend and get him.
     Let's go ...
     They hear the front door open. It breaks, smashes, and is destroyed.
     Franky boy ... Oh Franky boy ... You're ourrrrs ...
The car continues to erupt in flames. "Rick, jump out the window," Frank says. "Heather, it's our only chance. They want me. Okay. You and the boy get outta here." The shadowy figure is now seen climbing the stairs. Rick and Heather leap out the window and onto a trampoline below. "Aren't you a smart boy, Ricky." He sighs. They mysteriously are never seen again.
     Now, it is just Frank standing at the doorway of Joey's room. He turns, looking at the banister, the shadowy man looking back at him. By this time, the bushes have caught fire outside, and since the street the Alvins lived on was quite isolated, no one was there to put out the blaze. The shadowy man had come for Frank, the night dwindled into a fiery pit of hell. The street started to crack apart. Their leader, who was much feared, had ordered the demigods to take Frank's soul ... to send him to hell.
     The next morning was clear. Hex and his girlfriend pulled up in a white Corvette. "That is the house where evil lives, and the poor family that used to live there was said to have been haunted by demons," Hex says. His girlfriend is putting lipstick on, looking in the mirror built in the car's windshield sunshade. As she looks in it, she notices her face start to deteriorate slowly. She sees her eyes become black. Hex and his girlfriend magically disappear, and all that is left is the Corvette parked on the side of the street.