The Invasion (unfinished)

The words, "NO SUCH THING AS MONDAY, FREEDOM GANG," were written on the side of the bus.
     A can of Fancy Feast rolled into a puddle and came to a stop by the gutter.
     There was no real indication of how it got there, other than the young man walking in that direction. "I got it, gang. Fancy Feast, the meal of champions for a kitty, but cats hate the shit."
     "Commando!"
     "Yo!"
     "We've got to take off. Load everyone in."
     "You've got it, Shell." Shelly J. was the driver that day. She had on her usual tight purple leggings and wore her cute little hat with two squishy snowballs glued to it, which made her look even more ridiculous.
     Commando saw Jackson and Melissa Wrightwood strolling back from the store in the parking lot. Melissa was laughing at Jackson. He wasn't that tall, but to the five-foot nothing Melissa, he seemed huge.
     "Hurry up guys, we've gotta get the FUCK outta here," shouted Shelly from inside the bus.
     "Yeah, yeah, Jackson, you wannabe war hero," said Melissa, sporting her now purple-colored hair emo look.
"I need everyone on the bus now," said Commando. As Jackson boarded, he had a smirk on his face and obviously realized that Commando wasn't being serious.
     "Do you like my hair, Commando?" asked Melissa.
     "Jeez girl, what'd you do to yer hair?"
     "It's totally in," she said, looking at Jackson, "ain't it?" Then Shelly started up the engine, and the bus roared. "Okay, here's the deal, guys," Shelly spoke. "We're lucky to have gotten away from those bastards back there. We're gonna cruise to Richard's house and hide out there till we can figure out what to do. Sound good?"
     "Sounds like a plan. Let's do it," said Commando.
     Now Shelly's eyes were gazing on Melissa and Jackson. "Yes, let's just get outta here, Shell," said Melissa.
"Okay, we're outta here, gang!" Shelly shouted, slamming on the gas pedal.
     The gang's bus pulled in around dusk. After the recently departed October sun, all that was left was a series of oranges, reds and yellows all mixed in with the blue evening sky, which all of the gang thought was beautiful. "Son of a bitch, you made it, you old buzzard," said Jackson, who was Shelly's dad. This was her Uncle Richard's house in the middle of the Australian outback. "One of those fuckers almost made a drumstick out of my thigh."
     "Yeah, yeah, you'll be fine. Come on in, gang," said ______.
     "We need some artillery; what've you got?" said ______.
     "Guns, ammo, artillery, you've got it."
     "Who is this negro?"
     "Hey! Watch it, mister." Richard said, trying to keep himself from laughing.
     "Hey, cool it, Commando."
     "This is Commando," said Jackson, "we rescued him from fighting off those fuckers at Mirrordamp.
     "Well, you look like you could take on a whole goddamn platoon with all that gear, son," said ______.
     "We ain't got no ammo; that's why we came here."
     "Well, goddamn...you came to the right spot." The gang walked up the porch stairs. Commando walked slowly in his camouflage pants, with an M16 strapped over his shoulder, along with his heavy warfare surplus belts that he was wearing, one across his shoulder and the other around his forty-two inch waist.
     At the top of the porch swung a rusty old "All trespassers will be shot" sign. Below it on the railing were a bunch of mugs, bottles, and newspapers. Other newspapers were stacked on wooden chairs lined up by the window. They all proceeded to walk into Uncle Richard's white house bordered by stone bricks.
     "This thing hasn't spread, has it? Now them fuckers are moving inland," Uncle Richard said.
     "From what we know, yes," Melissa excitedly reported.   
     "We are going to need lots of ammo and possibly your help."
     "Possibly? Definitely!" said Commando. "There were many of them. Their feet and legs stayed human, but their upper bodies had transmuted into some sort of crustaceous monster. We saw them having enormous claws for hands and crablike heads. People at Mirrordamp were being chewed on like a dog chews on a bone. I saw one bite the head right off of this guy and spit it out in a fountain. That was when your brother got tangled in a fishing net, and Commando here pulled out his Bowie knife and cut him loose."